• Chapter 28 •

The human mind is truly the scariest thing of all..

And Hoseok and Shun both discovered and understood the phrase right about the moment they discovered the truth about each other.

Shun was unconscious. Why? Because he's been trapped in a dark cabin for the past 3 hours. Hoseok has been interrogating him to bring out any words regarding his involvement with the killer but to no avail, he couldn't provide any crucial information about them.

Hoseok has not tortured him as he was used to do but he had tied him to a metal chair which was meant solefully for the purpose of torture, with a metal chain. There were slight cuts on his arms and face where he purposely dragged his dagger in order to hurt him. The restraints of the metal around his wrists proved painful as Shun tried to get out of them as soon as he could.

He was now sitting on a chair opposite to Shun and had a tumbler of cold water. When Shun didn't wake up for another 3 minutes, Hoseok forced himself to stand up from the chair and walked towards him with the water and when he was just an inch away, he toppled the jar over his face with a force that the cold water pierced through his pale skin.

"A-agh!" A throaty groan left Shun's lips as the cold water hit him. He opened his eyes with utter difficulty, not to forget still groaning like a dying man and finally met with a little flicker of light after a long time. He looked around and found a small peephole through which the light was seeping in and a lamp on the table right across from where he sat. Other than that the entire room was pitch black.

When he focussed further, his vision fell on a very much visible gang leader he's been living with for the past 3 months. Jay or as he was previously known as, Jung Hoseok. He smirked with a distorted figure once his trembling lips allowed him to and the snicker made Hoseok's blood boil.

"So you found me Hoseok" Yes, shun knew about his real identity. How? Was still a question Hoseok deliberated to ask him.

The knitted brows of the leader forced the young boy to let out a throaty chuckle once again making Hoseok more and more furious. "How do I know? Let me answer that question for you, boss" the tease was getting on Hoseok's nerves.

How dare a 20 something year old boy be this confident in front of the biggest mafia leader? Has he no fear for his life?8o

"I don't fear death Hoseok" it was as if Shun was reading Hoseok's mind. He hated those who could read him. He wasn't an open book for everyone to fucking read him like that. He likes to be unpredictable. All the time.

"Will you start your pathetic story yourself or should I suck the life out of you for your spirit to narrate it to me?" Hoseok growled this time.

A low menacing snarl left Shun's mouth at the mention of the elder's words. He sat slugingly on the chair he was tied to, the water running through his body and reaching his wrists was burning his veins as blood was oozing out of his injured flesh.

"My story huh? Do you even realise where this pathetic story starts from? How did I become what I am today?" He looked at him with raised eyebrows, demanding words spilling out of his mouth.

Hoseok relaxed from his leaning position to force out the deepest scary voice his vocal chords could make and said "I don't give a flying fuck about it. Just tell me how you killed my men and how were you planning to kill me so I can piece you in small fragments and feed you to your loyal dogs"

The warning was supposed to be a threat for Shun but deep down both Shun and Hoseok knew he'd do it if things crashed down to that. But his words went above Shun's head as geography lessons bounced past students' heads.

"Oo! I'm scared. Look, I'm shivering with fear!!" Shun dared to mock him. He was playing with fire but he won't back out now. Hoseok on the other hand found the whole thing laugh worthy. He leaned back down on the chair again and put one foot over the other and arm slung over the backrest of the wooden piece.