• Chapter 24 •

"We need to talk"

Taehyung had said and had pulled you out of the coffee shop. You saw many heads turn around at his statement as he pulled you towards his black car. You've never seen it before since he always came to college on his motorbike.

"This will be fun" you heard a small chuckle from behind and was met with a smirking female officer, looking at the two of you. You remembered her from the station because she called you there, officer Kim Ren.

Now you both were inside his car. He was driving you both to somewhere you didn't know. The ride was filled with silence and it was getting uncomfortable. He knew he had to start now or in a while but he didn't know how to. You knew he wanted to say something and you could feel the tension in the air, so you decided to remain quiet as well.

The car stopped Infront of a coffee shop you did know because you've come to ask for a job there. He got out first and then walked towards the passenger's seat to get you out. When inside the small aesthetic shop, you took the seat while he ordered two coffees.

"What do you want to talk about?" You decided to break the ice first and asked. He fumbled with his fingers before starting.

"You remember I wanted to tell you something last night when you said you l.." he stopped when he realized what actually happened last night.

She said she likes me too. Oh god it's still so unreal!!

You hummed and dusted pink because you remembered too. "So..umm the thing I wanted to tell you was this. I wanted to tell you the truth" he finished his sentence with a low voice.

"What truth?" His words took you by surprise. There was hesitation in his speech. He looked contemplating and calculating to say the least. You hummed at him and silently asked him to go ahead.

"About who I am," he said. Your eyes knitted in confusion. His words confused you too much and you didn't understand anything he's implying.

"What do you mean who you are? You're Kim Taehyung right?" You chuckled. You thought he was joking about what he said but when his face showed no new emotion other than hesitance, you understood he's not joking.

Truth about himself?? What could that possibly mean?

"Yes I am" he calmly said, trying to compose himself before confessing the second biggest secret of his life to you. It wasn't easy for him knowing for how long he's been hiding the truth from you. No matter what the reason was, keeping this from you was no better.

"But I'm… umm I'm not actually a student" his words took you by surprise. Your eyes widened at that and he couldn't hold your gaze for long. He looked at his suddenly interesting lap and started fumbling with his fingers.

When you didn't say anything, he continued "I'm an undercover CIA officer Y/N" now if you were shocked before, you were shocked beyond belief now. At the lack of response, he continued further.

"I work for the government and I'm here in Seoul because of the serial murders happening for the past few months" he finished. The thing he wanted you to know for the longest time was finally out and about. He felt a pleasing relief after spilling it out to you. But your shocked expression didn't turn any better for a few seconds. You took a deep breath and looked at him.

"And.." it was noticeable that he wanted to tell you more so you asked, waited for him to finish.

"That female officer you saw back then was the one I was talking about the night I got drunk. She was the reason. She is my ex" he added. Now you added two plus two and understood why she was looking possessive of him when you visited the station.