Chapter 44

He's hugging you. His arms were wrapped around your waist and you were a little off from the ground. He'd held you up in his arms. His quick breathing was coming back to being stable now that he had you pressed against him.

"Why did you do that?" He said in your ears. You didn't hug him back at that moment. You were too shocked to register anything. The rage that you've been feeling for the past 2 years finally came to an end but at what cost?

You've shot the person who was once your everything. It was a shotgun wound. One that is impossible to heal. You came to know that recently but you still shot him. The shot was pretty close to his heart and It might end up with Hoseok being dead.

Why did you do that? Why??

Taehyung pulled back and cupped both sides of your face. His eyes were scared. "You know you could get into trouble for doing this?" He asked once again and caressed your hair.

"It can't get any worse. It's just one more murder to the 6 I've done" you jokingly said which made him furrow his brows.

"It's really not helping, you know" he said and brought your forehead to his own. He attached his head to you and closed his eyes. He didn't know how to say what he wanted to say.

Did you mean what you said? Do you love me?

He wanted every moment left to spend with you. Before you're taken away by the authorities and before you're behind those metal bars, he wanted to cherish every moment he had with you.

"We should go," you whispered, still attached to his forehead. He hummed but didn't let you go "5 minutes"

"Tae.. I.." you didn't know how to start talking as well. You said you loved him in front of Hoseok so calmly but now that there is no one there and you really should be confessing to him, you had no words. He was right there, in your arm reach. You should say something.

"Did you mean that? What you said earlier" he beat you to it and spoke the words he's been carrying on the tip of his tongue for the last few eternity-like minutes.

"I did" you answered without even thinking for a heartbeat.

"I meant every single word. I love you" you said after all. The words tasted like honey on your tongue and to his ears as well. A weird sense of euphoria filled his chest as he heard you saying those three magical words.

"It took me a while and a whole 6 men to kill to realise I've been in love with you all along. All those times you took care of me. All the times we spent together and the flowers, cute little dates, surprises, kisses.. it was there all along but I couldn't recognise the feeling" you said after a while.

It has been long due between the two of you and there was no time better than right now. Moreover, you only had a few minutes left with him, better tell him then regret for the rest of your life and with this thought alone, you spilled every secret you held in your heart for him.

"Last night, I realised that I might not see you ever again. I might as well be given a death sentence for the crimes I've committed. I feared that for the first time. I feared not seeing you ever again and that fear alone powered and pushed me to realise my true feelings for you" you added. He had now leaned back from your forehead and had held your hands in his. Your eyes were closed throughout.

"I am so late to say this to you but you know there is no time better than now" you laughed a little and opened your eyes to look at him. He was looking back at you without blinking and that gave you a boost to finally let out the words "I love you, Tae"

If Taehyung wasn't hyperventilating before hearing you say that, he definitely was now. But he managed to conceal it behind the most glorious smile you've ever seen breaking on his lips.