• Chapter 21 •

'I'll be there in 20'

Taehyung's text read. It was currently 8:30 pm and you were almost done with his stupid game he'd been playing. The whole week he avoided you and now he stopped coming to college without any notice. Not only did he leave your texts on-seen but he never once tried to get in contact.

It was getting weirder day by day for you. You didn't know why but you wanted to talk to him. Hear him ramble about everything like he is used to doing. The piercing silence from the one person you are so used to hearing all day was getting on your nerves.

'What is it babe? You're strangely quiet,' Hoseok asked as he was playing with your hair, twirling it around his fingers and then massaging your scalp occasionally.

'I don't know. Ever since Talia distanced herself, I can't seem to focus well' you answered, nuzzling more and more into the crook of his neck.

'Talia? Your best friend Talia? What happened to her?' he asked, shocked. The said girl has been your best friend ever since you started living in Ireland with Hoseok. She's been this really fun and outgoing girl but ever since she got a boyfriend, she started blocking you away. It irked you and that definitely didn't go unnoticed by your other half, Hoseok.

'Her stupid boyfriend happened!! Stupid guy doesn't even let her talk to me' you huffed like a cute but angry kid. The pout was soon captured by Hoseok's lips as he planted a deep kiss to your plump lips.

'You shouldn't think too much about it babe. Maybe he's the possessive type' Hoseok's simple reply made the raging emotions in your heart subside a little. It was always like that with him. He'd calm you down with only a few words. Always ready with the right thing to say or the right thing to do, he was your anchor. Your true bower.

How nice it would be to have your words to get me out of this delliamma again, hobi-ah. You'd know what to do? What to say? How to handle this?

You thought while suddenly lost in memories of your golden past. Everytime a problem appears, his words would help you out. Even now after 2 years of his death, he's been your constant support. But not today…..

Today his words were not enough. You wanted more. Taehyung was not some easy problem you were facing. It was a matter of the hearts. His heart to be exact. You liked him enough to not play with his feelings but you couldn't say it would ever replace the word love.

They say you only love once and you've believed that you have already done that with Hoseok. But why does it feel like there is something else? Something left to do. You didn't want to let Hoseok go but you couldn't let Taehyung go too. You loved Hoseok but you're starting to like Taehyung too.

Amid the disturbance in your heart, the knock on the door broke you out of the fantasy world. You didn't realize 20 minutes had passed and Taehyung was here, on the other side of the door. Only a few steps away. Now the heaviness of the matter dawned upon you and you felt nervous.