• Chapter 25 •

Shun knocked on Hoseok's door. He was back at his mansion the next day. The weaker front hidden behind his powerful persona. The leader, Jay, was back in his bigger den, leaving Hoseok behind in the smaller apartment.

He wanted to meet you as Hoseok but he couldn't so he decided to meet you as Jay. Maybe you'd be able to see through his eyes. See the real man. He has asked Shun to dig up information about you. Where you lived and where you worked. He knew you studied at the university Sana was at because that's where he saw you for the first time.

Then his thoughts diverted to Sana. He could use her to get closer to you but that would be obvious to everyone. Shun has found out a lot about you. He had strong resources which he used to find out a lot of things about you.

"What is it?" Jay asked as soon as Shun walked inside his office. He kept a file on the desk and stood back a little farther from it. Hoseok picked up the papers and flipped through the file.

"Sir, she lives in a small apartment by Hangnum Streets with a boy named Jung Woobin," Shun started telling him. Hoseok looked up at the mention of his younger brother. He didn't know Woobin would keep his promise, the promise he made to Hoseok once - to always be with her and protect her.

"Do you know who he is sir?" Shun asked, confused at his sudden reaction.

"Yeah. He's someone I know" Hoseok didn't tell the boy about his relationship with Woobin. His family is better far away from the dirt he's gotten himself into. Shun didn't ask anything and nodded his head continuing "She is currently working at a tea shop sir. It's a decent paying job and the boy, Woobin, is also working 3 different jobs. The expenses are mangable I guess"

It hurt him to know how much hard work you and Woobin both are doing to survive. How many efforts you both are putting in making the ends meet. He hated himself for not being able to help you but he can't do anything now.

"What about their families? Parents?" Hoseok asked. He wanted to know about his mother, who he had last seen almost 3 years back. He never returned home after he established J-corp. You only knew he had some unresolved issues with his family and so you never forced him for answers whenever the mention of family occured in the past. You, on the other hand, loved his parents. They were like your own since your parents didn't bother to show up anywhere.

The thing you didn't know was how Hoseok's father was the reason he joined the mafia world. His negligence played a vital role in drifting Hoseok apart from his family. When he was just turning 12, his sister was kidnapped by one of the gangs back in time because of her beauty. She got murdered thereafter and their father never payed any mind to it. It was either he was scared or he didn't want to speak up against the powerful people.

So Hoseok decided to become one of them. When he took over J-corp 3 years ago, he killed each and every member of the gang that murdered his sister. That was his way of revenge but he was in too deep to fall back, so he stayed. Made his own little family there. Now his hands have more blood stains than blood veins.

"Sir, I found out about the girl. She's an orphan but the boy has a mother. She lives in Gwangju" Shun was explaining everything to him one by one.

"Father?" He couldn't help but ask.

"Apparently he died a few months back. Had a terminal diseases" Shun's words made his breath hitch. Sure he wasn't very fond of his father for the longest time but he wouldn't want to wish for his death. He was still his father and now he's gone. Dead!

Shun saw the sudden change in his boss's demeanor. He didn't know what happened and he didn't pester upon knowing it either.

"Alright. That's all for now. Y-you can go now" Hoseok managed to utter without breaking down Infront of Shun. He was controlling so much but a little stutter came nonetheless.