• Chapter 27 •

You and Taehyung were getting better at the relationship you two are starting

You and Taehyung were getting better at the relationship you two are starting. He was being like a giddy teenager in front of you. The blushing was there, the stuttering, the sacred eye contact. Everything was there. As soon as he'd get off work, he'd call or text you. You'd call till he'd fall asleep or some nights, you. He'd bring you to his favorite coffee houses every weekend.

You two didn't have the proper date yet. Of course the small coffee or the ice cream ventures were there but no fancy dressup and restaurant thingy was organised yet. You understood he had priorities set and juggling professional and personal life was not child's play so you never asked him to take you out as well.

For the murder cases, there hadn't been any reports of any new murder for the past 3 weeks. The city was quiet but the force was working their asses off. With rescheduling witness interrogation to visiting crime scenes, they were on their heels constantly.

Namjoon had to postpone his engagement ceremony because of the case and he couldn't be more grumpy about it than he already was. Seokjin tried his absolute best to compose him but to no avail, he kept whining for a few days.

Ren was personally visiting every single scene, be it with the rest of the team or without them, she didn't leave any spot untouched. Collected prints and marks from every corner of the places she visited in the past 3 weeks.  She alone gathered as much evidence as the police force did together in the past 2 months and for that she was pretty proud and bashful.

Taehyung didn't like being paired up with her. She never leaves a single chance to either embarrass him or make him feel pathetic for even trying the dating thing with her. On one hand, she constantly reminds him of the escapades they carried forward together 2 summers back, making his blood boil and on the other, she never quits down to put allegations on you.

Yes, she was very much obsessed with you - if you'd call it that - she was hell bent on proving every murder on you for some reason. Taehyung at first thought that jealousy was behind her actions but then her actions started speaking louder.

She would call you to the station at any point of time, breaching your privacy, she'd enter your apartment any time of the day for the sake of interrogation.

Taehyung didn't know what to do to stop the  woman from harassing a pure and innocent soul like you but he tried his absolute best to warm you up after Ren's baseless accusations. Those days were particularly heated between the former lovers. She'd continue with her absurd mindset of framing you for everything and the day would end up with Taehyung lashing out on her. It was a regular occurance in the station now.

"Just because your slippers and your pants have matching polar bears printed on them, doesn't mean you're off hook" it was yet another day of Ren walking in your house uninvited. Jiwa was following her beside and was equally ashamed as anyone would be if they were in his shoes.

"Excuse me!!" You couldn't believe how a woman can varge into your hours at 6 FUCKING AM in the morning to accuse your cute polar bear night pants. How dare she??