• Chapter 31 •

"What are you doing here, Woobin?" Taehyung asked once he recovered from the hit. The three cups of orange juice that were once in Woobin's hands were not splattered on the ground.

"Hyung. I'm sorry" he started looking if the juice got spilled on Taehyung's clothes. There was none, thankfully.

"I'm here with my mom and Noona," Woobin answered.

"Y/N is here too?" Taehyung asked with big eyes. He didn't want you to see him with Ren. Not after everything the woman made you go through the last time you both had an encounter.

"Yes. She said it's her break today and that we should take mom out. She's been depressed ever since.." Woobin stopped talking once he realized that Taehyung might not be familiar with his family's conditions.

Taehyung on the other hand was confused. You've never talked about your mother before so all the information was new to him. Ren let out a humorous snort from beside the two males, gaining both of their attention.

"What??" Taehyung angrily looked at her but she said nothing and walked back to where the manager and Yoongi were.

"You should return to your mother. I have to go too" Taehyung said to the boy.

"Do you want to join us? I'm sure mom will be happy to meet you!" Woobin offered the officer.

*Umm. Next time Woobin-ah. I have to go now." Woobin understood and nodded without more argument.

The two parted their ways and Taehyung walked back towards the entrance. On his way back, his eyes fell on something in a trash can. The thing was hanging halfway out of the box and was very much visible under the sunlight. Not to mention the eye scorching color of the piece caught Taehyung's sight in a second.

He quickly put on his rubber gloves and opened the lid of the trash can. There it was. The blue colored wig. He carefully picked it up and looked around. There was no one around but thankfully there was a cctv camera right across the lift where a distant view could be recorded.

He rushed back to where the other officer and Yoongi were and handed him the wig. Yoongi carefully placed it in his evidence box.

"There's a camera by the poolside. Show us through its footage" he said to the manager later. The manager nodded and the tech guy pulled out the footage of the camera labeled 31 from the morning.

There it was. A person in a black hoodie and mask running past the river land and then haphazardly throwing away the wig that he snatched from his head. A small bit of his brown hair was briefly visible until he pulled up his hood again and left in a quick walk. The angle showed nothing in particular since it was far from the place but the blurred images did show the lean and tiny figure of the man.

Not an ideal physique to be a murderer but no one should judge a book by it's cover.

After spending around 4 hours in the resort, the three went back to the station because Jimin had informed Yoongi that Baek was still unconscious. Ren asked to be dropped by the forensic lab along with Yoongi as she wanted to observe closer and so Taehyung drew back to the station.

It was later that evening that he received a call from you telling him you're back home safely. He took a deep breath of relief. You also told him that Woobin was still staying at his mother's and that you're alone so he rushed out of the station and towards your apartment.

At Forensic Laboratory

Yoongi and Jimin were working on the evidence they've got from the crime scene while Ren was outside munching on some corn sticks she bought from the canteen. She's been with the former since the afternoon and now that Jimin had joined them, she excused herself out of the room.