• Chapter 40 •

At Hoseok's mansion | Back in Seoul

After successfully fleeting away from the hospital after Police arrested you, he made his way back to his house. Guilt was eating him alive all the way back. Guilt of not being able to save you. To rescue you from the police. Guilt of not being there in the first place and guilt of being the reason you turned into what you were.

He mindlessly drove back to his mansion. There was nothing on his mind particularly and at the same time, it was a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. He wanted to not feel anything. He wanted to feel only the hurt and the pain that was being poured upon you by him but he didn't.

When he reached his place, guards were scattered all over it like usual. They bowed to him in respect like usual. But he didn't feel like responding. His feet quickly moved and he walked towards his study room. He was halfway there when one guard of his was leaving one particular room but he didn't care at that moment.

He reached there and slammed the door open. The next thing he knew was he was walking towards his oak table and with one swift move, he threw away the documents, files and whatever was kept at the top of it. He threw away the folders, the pictures and everything that came in his sight. Flipped the small coffee table he had along with a couch in the room.

The whole place became a mess. A mess that is not even equivalent to the one running around in his mind. He wanted to destroy the word, burn everything down to ashes, shredder it to ruins. He screamed. On top of his lungs. He screamed until his throat became dry and sore. The guards on the outside of the study door didn't dare to come in.

Once his rage subdued, he sat down on the floor with his head in his hands. He felt broken. Shattered even. He could never cry in the past. Not even when his sister was murdered slowly, not when his family was broken apart. Not when he pieced you apart from himself. He never cried once. But today, he felt like crying rivers. His tears were dry but his throat was welling up.

"Sir!" He heard someone call him from behind. It was the same guard who came from a room. He was standing outside his messed up study room, waiting for him. Hoseok looked up. And nodded his head.

"Sir, he's in a better condition now. What should we do with him?" Oh yes! Shun. That son of a b**ch!!

Hoseok thought of ending that boy's miserable life once and for all back in the cell but he kept him alive. He wanted to witness his slow death once he'd find out about the killer. Oh! how the tables have turned.

"I'll be there. Give me a minute" it wasn't Hoseok's thing to show his vulnerable side to his men. He was their leader after all. He couldn't let them see him weaker. But right now, he was everything but strong and he, for once, didn't want to pretend.

The guard stood back and waited for their boss to get himself together. After 5 minutes, Hoseok appeared out of the room. His state is a little better than before. His disheveled hair combed back in place and his wrinkled shirt tucked back in his tailored pants.

He walked forward. The guard followed him behind quietly. He opened the door and Shun was sitting on a chair near his bed. Taking some medicines as it seemed.

"I see you're still alive!!" He bitterly said to the younger boy. He gulped down the tablet before turning to look at the boss. His fearless eyes met him.

"Looks like someone up there" he pointed upwards "wants me to stay and witness your downfall" he finished with a crooked grin on his face.

"Ones who expect more, suffer more!" Hoseok dragged another chair in front of Shun and sat down, himself.

"I like to take my chances" Shun wasn't threatened by him anymore. He was talking back to him fiercely. Hoseok looked pissed. He rolled his eyes and asked the one question that has been lingering in his mind ever since he got back home.