• Chapter 15 •

Kim Taehyung, senior investigator and a Special undercover agent of the CIA

The words left the chief's lips and everyone at the station peered at him in bewilderment. Specifically Namjoon and Seokjin, who have just landed a punch square on a CIA official's jaw.

"He's been working on this serial murder cases for the past month on his own" the chief looked at him skeptical. 

Kim Taehyung is the senior investigator THE Kim Taehyung of CIA? The youngest, most talked about and admired investigator in the whole Korea?

And the reason he's been to every possible place of the murder was because he was working on his own? Then why didn't he say anything when we brought him in for the first time for investigation? Did he take us for a joke?

Taehyung took advantage of the chief having a soft spot for him and convinced him that he'd work on the case alone for a while and then will join the special task force. For the past one month, he has been collecting data about various murders and visiting all the crime scenes to have a second look himself. 

"Do you take us for a joke Sir? You pretended to be a suspect when we brought you with two others. What was the reason behind that?" Namjoon asked the newfound officer. 

"First of all, my sincere apology to everyone on the force for pretending to be someone else. And I couldn't disclose my identity just like that. I was working undercover" Taehyung let out a humorous chuckle. Seokjin was fuming at the moment because of everything.

"Don't get me wrong officer Kim but I work alone better. This case has been the most talked about case of the city for more than a month and that intrigued me a lot" Taehyung explained.

"And I wasn't alone. I actually had help from a very close reporter friend of mine so it was pretty easy" Seokjin figured which reporter friend he was referring to. It has to be Jeon Jungkook. 

"And as far as working with you concerns, I really admire how your department has been handling the case so far but knowing this killer is quite smart, I thought working with minimal things is better" Taehyung's statement left everyone dumbfounded. 

He finally sat down on one of the chairs following the  chief and gulped down the glass of water kept on the desk "Because of my position in law and the departments we are serving, I don't think I'm accountable to answer your questions but because I respect you as elders, I am providing you with all the Intel I got. I'd like you to share your reports too so we can solve this case soon and catch this hooligan" Taehyung was right. There was no point in fighting or disputes among the forces but to solve the case soon.

"He's already killed 4 men and you haven't been able to find anything yet. I think my team is much more capable of doing what you couldn't" the CIA chief, Lee Taeyun, said in a vicious tone. His words hurtful but somehow true in regards to the department.