• Chapter 23 •

Jay was back in the confines of his bedroom. Not in the mansion he used to stay usually and everyone knew about but the small apartment he had away from his dark and oddly eventful life. Just for him and his thoughts.

His eyes focussed on the set of picture frames placed on his nightstand. Not one but dozens of them. All having the pictures of the same person. Some while they were asleep and some when they're focussed on something. One picture particularly captured the sight when the person was struggling to zip up their dress's lock. Jay smiled when he remembered the night that incident happened.

He was invited to one of his associate's parties where he asked her to accompany him. She was happy because he never took her to work parties and bought a new dress for the same. The evening when she took a bath and carried on with getting ready, he was watching her moves.

How she dried her hair, put on the lightest makeup and put on the stunning red dress. But the moment she started tucking the zip up, it got stuck and she ended up huffing like an irritated kid.

Jay was sitting on his couch. All ready in his black suit with a matching red tie. He was watching her with such adoration that if someone was to look at him, they could spot literal hearts coming out of his eyes. When she couldn't reach it any further, she turned around with a glare.

"You could come and help me instead of just sitting there and laughing, you know?" She called him. He broke the trance he was in and shuffled from his seat. He moved to her side, slowly tracing her almost naked back and held the zipper gently so as not to break it.

"I'm thinking of changing the plans altogether," he said in a rather teasing tone. His hands trailing her backbone as he was pulling the lock up.

"What?? Why?' she asked, shocked. He mused a very ear pleasing giggle and leaned in to just touch the shell of her ear with his lips, and whispered "You standing there, doing absolutely nothing but looking ravishing is making me lose control. What if I couldn't control myself at the party? I don't want anyone to see you like I am supposed to. You're mine to see and mine to adore baby" and with that he placed a soft kiss on her ear.

She moaned at the rasping whisper and involuntarily tilted her head to the side. The earlier soft moment turned into a messy makeout session in no time that both of them were left gasping by the time they let go of each other.

"I want to go and we're going. That's final" she huffed and straightened her dress that was now riding up her thighs because of the obvious events that happened a few seconds ago.

"Put on your lipstick, sweetheart. I accidentally smeared it" he said, hand grabbing onto the colored stick on the dressing table. Her ears turned hot and her cheeks flushed red when he said that with a smirk.

She wiped off the little red from the side of his bottom lip "You evidently did" and with that both of them broke into a chuckle. He was so much in love with her. To the extent he'd die for her, literally.

And that's what he did. He died for her once!!

The frame next to it was the same blushed face of the girl after he accidentally smeared her lipstick. The memories that were captured in those pictures were so dear to him. Keeping him sane whenever he'd think about going all out and be what he's supposed to be, a ruthless dark lord of the underworld. Having the power over all the dark business and people around the country, a big part of him became insane but those memories always helped in bringing him back after a long day at work. Makes him the real him. The one who was once innocent and now buried deep inside this facade he was presenting to the world.

He took a deep breath because he can't let the past haunt him anymore. He was in the present, stuck but happy in a way. He loves to rule the dark world, loves when people are scared of him, loves when they fear for their life and he likes the feeling of people begging for mercy. He was merciless though, never sparing those who try to cross him and most definitely won't spare this killer that's trying to weaken the empire he took decades to build.