• Chapter 36 •

A few hours ago | At Your Apartment

"Bingo!"

Taehyung had run towards the source of the voice. He followed and found Ren in your room. All the mess splayed on your bed.

"I told you, didn't I?" Ren asked once Taehyung stepped inside your room. He looked between Ren and the stuff on your bed.

"What's all this?" He asked.

"Proofs! Proof that your little YN isn't as virtuous as she led you to believe" Ren was as confident as an eagle now. Taehyung looked at her, still confused and in denial that you did any of that.

"No. This isn't true. It's all Woobin's. He is trying to frame her. It's all his doings'' his denial game was so strong that it made Ren let out a throaty snort.

"I don't believe this!! You've been so blinded by that manipulating b**ch all this time that even now you don't want to believe what you're witnessing with your eyes" Ren scoffed. She was so done with his childlike behaviour towards you that it was getting irritating.

Taehyung looked at all the things littered on the ground. The wigs, makeup, the extra pair of hoodie, shoes and the masks. Everything was there. It couldn't possibly belong to Woobin because even though he was comparatively shorter than boys of his age, he wasn't that small to fit into women's clothing.

"How.. who.? When did..?" He couldn't form audible phrases. Ren understood and completed his sentence "When did I start doubting her?" Taehyung nodded.

"The first day I joined the case," she said, making Taehyung's eyes widened in shock.

"At first I was just jealous because of you, I'll accept that" she said but earned a glaring shot from the boy.

"I mean, come-on Tae. Look at her" She pointed at your picture in the room "You could have done so much better than her" she said once again which made Taehyung roll her eyes. To not make him anymore angry than he already was, she dropped the insults.

"I looked into the case files, everything pointed towards one person. She was everywhere. At the coffee shop, in the forest with you, around the resort, having dinner with you in that cafe her brother worked. Every single place and there was this one person common everywhere" Ren started piling the things she found in your room in one of her evidence bags.

"I started looking into things deeper. Found out how her fiance died back in Ireland. All this dates back to two years. I knew there was so much more to this and so I asked a friend of mine to dig out deeper. Turns out, no one named Jung Hoseok was reported dead. His body wasn't found. His funeral was private. It was like he completely disappeared" Ren explained further.

"But he really died. YN told me about him and also showed me his pictures" Taehyung remembered how you explained everything to him one day. Thinking back to those days, he realized how little he knew about you after all this time.

"And so she thought. But he never died. Or at least for the records" she said in a matter of fact-ly tone.

"I collected her hair and saliva samples the last time I was here. The day she threw me out. I had the tests run through them with Yoongi and Jimin's help. They all matched the ones we found on the resort" she finished. Yoongi didn't know who's samples he was matching so he couldn't inform Taehyung.

"I knew you'd doubt Woobin. But I couldn't correct you. I wanted to search some more before confirming everything and so I asked for a search warrant, but for YN and since you said she'll be out of her house, it was all too simple" she finished with a loud sigh.

"Yeah she said she has to take Woobin's mother to the hospital" Taehyung remembered you saying. Ren's ears perked up at that. She turned around so quickly towards Taehyung that he literally heard her neck crack.