• Chapter 34 •

Taehyung drove past the parking lot and stopped the car right in front of the main entryway of the hospital. The security guard that was chasing him throughout was handed a key just as Taehyung got out of the car. Defeatedly, the guard took the keys and parked his car.

He ran through the hallways and directly towards the VVIP section where Baek was supposedly admitted. There were two guards at the door who checked Taehyung's body for any kind of illegal weaponry.

How convenient of a criminal's guards to check a police officer for illegal weapons!!!

Once Taehyung was inside after hesitantly taking his gun off at the door, he was met with Seokjin, Namjoon and Jiwa inside the room. Baek was lying on the bed with an oxygen mask. His breaths were short and he was on life support.

"Did he say anything, officer Kim?" He asked Seokjin when he came right in front of the man on the bed.

"Nothing that could be useful. The doctors said his condition is weak. He is a heart patient and it took them quite an effort to stabilize him. He might not survive" Namjoon informed the male. Taehyung nodded his head and looked at the man who had machines attached to his entire body.

Life is so cruel sometimes. It has its ways to reward a person. Baek had been living the most luxurious life all the while he handled the business. Never running short on money or the facilities required for a stable life but one shot from the rival and he's on his deathbed.

Taehyung, for a moment felt bad for the man but one gets what he sows. He sat down on the small rolling stool beside him and took the notepad out of his back pocket.

"Can you tell us anything about the killer Mr. Baek? You've seen the face I suppose" Taehyung asked the man. He nodded.

"I was at the resort when someone came to the top of the platform. There were not many people and only two instructors who were tying my ropes for Bungee Jumping. When the two left, that person came forward and just as I was about to jump, he showed me a knife. He said it as if he's cut the rope. I panicked and fell off the platform" he said through a rushed breath. His words were difficult to understand since he was talking through the mask. Taehyung nodded his head and wrote down whatever he could understand.

"I thought I was going to die!" He said once again.

"But he didn't cut the rope, did he?" The officer asked.

"No. He didn't. That bast*rd just threatened me!" Baek gulped and took a deep breath. The monitor showed rushed heartbeats.

"Calm down. We'll look for anything suspicious" Taehyung said and shut the notepad. He stood up to turn and talk to Seokjin about his discovery on Woobin. He wanted to ask him to work on a warrant until he'll go and look around his house. Seokjin, although shocked, nodded his head.

"One more thing" just as Taehyung was about to leave, Beak mumbled from the back.

"Huh!" The two officers turned to look back at him.

"It was a woman," he mumbled.

Everyone's attention suddenly diverted to that. Their eyes went wide. Especially Taehyung's. Baek slowly closed his eyes in exhaustion when the doctor asked the officers to step out of the room.

"What do we do now?" Jiwa was the first to ask. All the three Kims looked back at the other officer.

"He's not in his proper senses. He must have misunderstood things based on the fake hair the killer had" Taehyung added. The three officers nodded, remembering they found a wig designed for girls and Baek must have taken it otherwise mistaking the killer for a woman.