Chapter 15 - Interlude/ Much needed vacation

Author’s note: This is a crossover of sorts with another series that I like and it’s Ghost whisperer. I hope you like it!

---------------------

Paris needed a vacation, Cole agreed to go with her. They went to a small town, named Grandview. As soon as they arrived there, Paris noticed the busyness and not the human ones, the ghost ones. Cole noticed her absentness. “What’s wrong?” He asked a bit worried.

“It’s a strange side to see.” Paris replied to him.

Cole looked at her. “What do you see?”

“Ghosts.” Paris replied to him.

“Ghosts?” Cole asked to her.

“Yeah, its busy in here.” Paris nodded.

“Okay, let’s just check in the hotel and then we can check out the town.” Cole suggested.

Paris looked at him. “Okay.”

Then, they went to the hotel and checked in and went to the room 456. They put their stuff down and went outside.

----------------

When they were in the center of the town, Paris felt a pull to go the thrift shop. “We need to go there.” Pairs pointed at the shop.

Cole looked at where she was pointing. “There?”

“Yes.” Paris nodded, firmly.

“Are you sure?” Cole asked to be sure.

“Yes.” Paris replied to him. “Come on.” She gestured him to go with her.

“Okay.” Cole sighed. Then, he followed to the shop.

-----------------

Paris and Cole walked into the shop and was greeted by a woman with dark brown hair and was wearing a dress. “Welcome into my shop.” She greeted them. “My name is Melinda Cordon.”

“Hi, my name is Paris Blanchard and this my boyfriend Cole Turner.” Paris greeted her back.

“Hi.” Cole added.

“Can I help you?” Melinda asked to them.

“No, we were just looking.” Paris replied to her.

“Okay.” Melinda nodded as them she walked away from them.

Then, Cole whispered to Paris. “What are we gonna do?”

“We are gonna look through this shop.” Paris replied to him. “We do nothing yet.”

“If you wish.” Cole nodded.

“I wish it.” Paris added.

--------------------

Later, they were outside again as they saw that Melinda was leaving. “Where is she going?” Paris asked.

Cole shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Yeah, figured.” Paris sighed.

“Should we follow her?” Cole asked to her.

“Sure.” Paris nodded. They followed Melinda to the graveyard. “Why is it always the graveyards?” Paris muttered.

Cole shrugged. “Ghosts?”

“Not funny.” Paris replied. “I don’t want my powers to act out.”

“They won’t, I will be right beside you.” Cole reassured her.

“Thanks.” Paris muttered to him. Then, they walked a little bit closer to see that Melinda was talk8ng to a ghost, Paris assumed, cause to the transparent the human/ghost was. “Well, now I know why I felt a pull to the shop.”

Cole looked at her. “Is she a witch?”

“I don’t know, maybe. If so, she doesn’t even know, only that she can talk to ghosts.” Paris replied to him.

“That’s reassuring.” Cole comment.

“Sorry.” Paris shrugged as then she looked at Melinda again. She was looking at their way. “We are spotted.”

“Okay, now what?” Cole asked, bluntly.

Paris shrugged as then Melinda walked their way. Then came to a halt a few steps before them. “Why are you following me?”

“We weren’t.” Cole replied to her. “We are just visiting.”

Melinda crossed with her arms. “Do you think I’m dump?”

“No.” Cole replied to her.

“No, ma’am.” Paris added.

“Then what are you two doing here?” Melinda asked to them.

“Well, for starts a vacation, but then I saw ghosts and I felt this pull towards you, so…” Paris replied to her. “I’m sorry.”

Melinda frowned. “You see them too?”

“Yeah.” Paris nodded. “Ever since we stepped foot in here and its busy.”

“You have the gift?” Melinda asked as Paris nodded. “I never though I would meet someone who also have the gift that I have.”

“My sisters have the same gift.” Paris added. “It’s in the family of mine.”

“Wow, okay.” Melinda nodded, smiling.

“And you?” Paris asked to her.

“Yeah, by me too, but my mother never uses it and my grandmother died when I was younger.” Melinda replied to her.

“Oh, okay.” Paris told her. “I’m sorry for your loss.”

“Thank you.” Melinda nodded.

“So, what were you doing out here?” Cole changed the subject.

“I was taking to a man, but he sensed you two and disappeared.” Melinda replied to him.

“Sorry.” Paris comment. “We didn’t mean to do that.”

“It’s okay, I have a feeling that I will find him again.” Melinda nodded.

“If you say so.” Paris muttered.

Then, Melinda changed the subject. “Why don’t I let you two meet my friends? They about that I can see ghosts.”

Paris glanced at Cole, he nodded. “Sure, why not.”

Then, Melinda lead them to her house, to meet her friends.

-------------

Arrived that her house, Melinda told her friends that Paris also could see ghosts, with her permission. Paris found out that Melinda was married, still is. And she was happy, despised she could see ghosts. And her friends were, Andrea Marino, Professor Rick Payne and Delia Banks. And her husband was, Jim Clancy. And they found out that Paris and Cole were together. “So, how long have you two been together?” Jim asked to them.

“A while now.” Cole replied to him.

“But how long is a while?” Jim asked, further.

“Almost a year.” Cole shrugged.

“Okay.” Jim nodded.

Then, Paris spoke up. “But it feels longer than that, don’t you thin, babe?” She glanced at Cole, who nodded.

“Yeah.” Cole comment.

Then, Paris walked over to Melinda and pulled out a cart. She gave it to her. “Here my number if you need it sometime.”

“Thank you.” Melinda nodded.

“Your welcome.” Paris comment. “I would like us to be friends.”

“Me too.” Melinda smiled.

“Just so you know, there is more in this world than just ghosts and if you see and hear things out of place, call me also for that.” Paris advised her.

“What do you mean?” Melinda asked, confused.

“You will see then.” Paris replied to her. 

Melinda frowned. “Okay.”

“Belief me, when I say it. Call me for anything.” Paris comment to her.

Melinda saw how serous she was and nodded. “I will.”

“Thank you.” Paris told her.

Then, Cole walked towards her. “Should wo go to our hotel, honey?”
“Yeah, we should.” Paris nodded. Then, they said their goodbyes and went to the hotel, they needed their sleep. Little did they know, that a ghost would ruin their night.

------------

Author’s note: Continued in part 2