Episode 16

Third person's pov:

Beep

Beep

Beep

He slowly opened his eyes hearing the beeps which reverberated through his ears.

His head was spinning and eyes felt heavy with a murderous pain throbbing in each and every part of body.

'Ahhh', a sharp hiss left his mouth with the pain that arouse in his chest.

He looked around himself, only to find out that he was in a white washed room with a couch placed at it's one corner.

Looking  at himself, he found his body laid down at a bed with needles and machines piercing through it.

Am I in a hospital? What happened?

He still wasn't sure, what brings him here.

The exhaustion was so severe that he couldn't even keep his eyes steadily open.

Heaving a deep sigh, he closed his eyes but instantly opened them back as her face came to his sight.

Her eyes which he couldn't forget. Not even at the death bed.

His heart beat fastened and the beeps of the machine got louder.

The door got slammed open and Namjoon barged inside along with a panicked jin.

They saw jungkook trying to scratch off the needles from his hand and instantly rushed towards him.

"Stop jungkook! What are you doing?!", jin pushed him back laying him back on the bed using force while Namjoon caught his hand, preventing him from bruising himself.

"He took her Hyung! I couldn't save her!!!", jungkook cried while struggling to set free.

"I failed hyung! I failed to save her. Not only did I failed, but I pushed everyone's life to the edge.", he wailed louder while jin pulled him in a tight hug, patting his back softly.

"You tried your best jungkook.", jin and Namjoon kept saying sweet and comforting things to him.

Suddenly he pulled away from the hug, looking at Jin with his glistening eyes.

"None of the officers died right?"

There was uncertainty in his voice wishing that nothing like that would've happened.

Hoseok told him to take some time and prepare better but he was persistent and if anybody died now, then it would certainly be his fault.

"No one died jungkook.", jin lowly replied.

Jungkook was for once relieved hearing it. He knows that his hyungs might be telling a lie but for now he wants to believe that it's the case.

"You need to get healthy soon jungkook.", jin stood up from the bed along with Namjoon.

"The bullet proof jacket you were wearing was replaced."

Jungkook's eyes widened hearing Namjoon's words.

"You're lucky that the fucking rascal missed his target, otherwise who knows what might've happened.", he added.

Namjoon heaved a sigh and took a seat at the couch.

Jungkook was still not able to believe what he heard. It's getting out of hand now.

"There's a betrayer and it's right among us. We just need to point him out. Otherwise all our efforts will keep going in vain as always.", Namjoon completed frustratedly.