Episode 35

(2 DAYS LEFT)

[6 A.M; Seoul]

Author's pov:

Darkness surrounding the atmosphere soon vanished with the brightening rays of sun peeking through the clouds.

Light falling through the huge glass window, illuminated the whole living room.

There was mere silence in the whole chalet, located somewhere deep inside the forest.

Namjoon didn't come back the whole night. Jin, who apparently went to the police station to check upon a few things also never showed up at the forest house. Hoseok who was earlier eager to extend his stay at their place, suddenly changed his plan and sent yuna back to daegu. And rosé never left her room since yesterday's confession.

But what's there to even concern about?

They're still far away from the enemy's eye.

They still have the proofs.

They still have the witness.

They're at the upper hand..... right?

But, is there anything more than what meets the eye?

For some reason the silence was not at all comforting. It was gravely. The kind of silence which either exists, after something acutely devastating or before it.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Third person's pov:

At the third knock, rosé irritatedly stood up to open the door of her room.

"Is there anything I can help you with?", she annoyingly asked sara, who was standing at her doorstep.

Sara was shocked looking at her disheveled state but nonetheless spoke.

"Um... Actually I need to go out with Officer Jeon for an urgent work. So you'll be alone at home."

Rose frowned at her statement. "So what?"

"So I want you to stay alert. You know the kinda situation we're all in.", Sara anxiously explained but watching rosé huff in annoyance really startled her.

But what startled her more was when she extended her hand and patted Sara's shoulder, smirking with a playful glint in her eyes.

"I'm not the one who should be careful. It's you.", and with that the door was slammed at Sara's face leaving her utterly flabbergasted.

"We need to leave."

Her head snapped back towards Jungkook who was standing in his uniform at the doorway, waiting for her.

He was busy filling the magazine with plenty of bullets which might get handy in case of any invasion.

She nodded her head, and giving one last glance to rose's room, she immediately made her way out of the house.

.........

The house went quiet again with the couple's departure but this silence was short lived as the door slammed open, and entered a panting and messed up Jin.

The door of rose's opened as she immediately came out at the loud bang.

Her eyes met Jin's, which were completely red, as if he cried for a long while.

Did namjoon tell him about her confession? The thought crossed her mind and she instantly made up her answers to a given situation.

"How....", Jin's voice cracked as he slowly stepped towards rosé. "How could you?"