9. End of the World

The moment I stepped back into the TARDIS, a wave of warmth and acceptance embraced me. It felt like she was welcoming me back. The deck vibrated beneath my feet almost like a nod and in my mind a name came for the great time ship.

"Hello Sexy!"

I could hear the Doctor sputter from the other side of the console but I ignored him for the time being as I went straight up to the ship's heart and placed a hand against it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." A thought was sent out, 'at last.'

I could feel the gaze of the Doctor upon me and then I felt as he turned away and began busying himself with getting the ship ready for our first destination. A soft "Oh" coming from him.

I bit back a laugh and just smiled.

I looked to where I set my luggage to see it was already gone.

"She's placed them in your rooms."

"Rooms plural?"

The Doctor looked over, that annoying blank look on his face. I was truly coming to dislike that look. "It seems she's already taken a liking to you."

"Well I like her too." I walked around the console, "Hey is there a thingamajig that could make my phone work wherever we are."

A chime came from the console as a little drawer rolled out, I placed my cell on it and the drawer closed.

"I suppose you'll know when its finished?" I looked up to find the Doctor staring at the spot where the drawer had appeared.

He shrugged, "I suppose."

He walked to the other side and pulled down a lever, and turned a dial before looking in my direction.

"It's your first trip. Where or when do you want to go?"

"How about we start by going forwards?"

"How far?"

A memory slipped beneath a closed tight door and whispered a year.

"6088."

"So exact. How curious." He rounded the console again, flipping switches before glancing my way.

I shrugged.

He pointed towards the TARDIS doors, "Outside those doors the 61st century awaits. The whole Earth is in stasis awaiting a safe time to awaken."

"Sounds rather boring."

"Well then if you'd like something impressive..."

The TARDIS shook before letting out a sigh as she settled.

"Go on then."

I ran through the doors only to find a modern amphitheatre room waiting for me. When I looked behind only a semi-sci fi looking closed pocket door sat in an oval inset in the wall.

The TARDIS's door creaked, signalling to me that the Doctor had followed me outside. I watched as he threw my cellular toward me and I caught it just before it reached the ground.

"Some jiggery pokery and it should work now."

"Thank you Doctor."

He nodded before turning to sonic the blue lit panel beside the closed pocket door. The sound that reminded me of high end blinds coming up caused me to turn back to the amphitheatre centre. A large window was revealed which showed the massive Earth hanging in space, the sun rising over its horizon.

"You lot, you all worry about dying. But you never take time to imagine that you might survive. This is the year 5.5 slash Apple slash 26 also known as 5 billion years from your future. And this is the day the sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world."