28. School is in Session

"I've been so lucky, I am the girl with the golden hair, I wanna sing it out to everybody..."

The Doctor joined me in the song, "What a joy, what a life, what a chance."

Then together with arms wrapped around each other we walked into the TARDIS, "Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing..."

The Doctor spun me in his arms and I let out a laugh as he dipped me. I put my arms around his neck as I kept humming to the Abba song.

"Told you I'd take you to the Abba concert."

"Thank you, Doctor. It was brilliant!"

The ring of my cell phone caused us to part, a reluctant look in both our eyes.

I looked at the caller id, "It's Mickey."

I answered, "What's up lil bro?"

I grinned over at the Doctor as Mickey retorted, I pulled the phone from my ear with a roll of my eyes before putting the phone to my ear.

"How about you come back here? There's been some odd UFO sightings here."

"Where and when do you want us to meet you?"

"Deffry Vale High School. April 29th, 2007. Jack is already undercover, but you might be able to get in too if the Doc works some of his timey wimeyness."

"Timey wimeyness?"

Mickey chuckled, "Sounds like him."

We got off the line with each other.

I turned to look at the Doctor and I found him already gazing at me.

"Trouble in London?"

"We've got to save some kids from aliens."

"Know which ones?"

After the wolf adventure I was a little more ready to open a Mind Palace door.

"All of us will have to be careful."

"Alrighty then."

Lunch lady wasn't a job I ever wanted but it was what I got for my undercover

Lunch lady wasn't a job I ever wanted but it was what I got for my undercover. I didn't have the credentials to be a teacher. Even with psychic paper, all they would need to do is check my background.

The smell of chips and gravy permeated my clothes.

We had been at the high school already for a couple of days.

The Doctor posed as a physics professor.

Jack was already a well-liked P.E. teacher.

The staff were very careful, eyes wary and I kept my head down but my eyes and ears open.

When the Doctor and Jack arrived for lunch I wiped their table down.

"Smart kids, right?" I asked the Doctor head down as I cleaned. I couldn't have the other staff on to us so early.