25. He's Back

Jack and Mickey had come running because they'd been searching for sightings of the TARDIS.

When they reached me where I was still sitting staring at the seat across from me, Jack placed a hand on my shoulder and I jumped.

"Who was he, Rose?" Jack's eyebrows were furrowed.

I shook my head, I didn't think it was wise for them to know that I'd just met a villainous Time Lord I hadn't seen since I was 10.

"Someone very dangerous."

Jack held his hand out to me, I stared at it awhile. I nervously checked outside for the red convertible, it was gone. I placed my hand in his and he pulled me up.

Mickey bounded over to pull me into a hug.

"You are so pale. Let's get you home."

We rounded the corner of the block by home and there in front of the Powell Estates was Sexy

Her windows twinkled as she felt me near.

Her anxiety and relief confirmed it was the one that hadn't seen me for a bit.

"You've got to be kidding me." Mickey spoke up.

Instinctively the three of us reached out for the other's hands.

"Don't forgive him too easily, Rose." Jack's voice was more solemn than I ever heard it.

I looked up at him and he leaned down to kiss me on my forehead.

I smiled, the relationship between him and I was no longer flirty. It would seem CJ had adopted me as his sister from his brotherly hugs and touches.

Mickey squeezed my hand, "Tell me if he causes any more trouble."

My two big brothers, Jack and Mickey, here to protect me from the Big Bad Doctor.

When we neared we saw Sexy's doors open, the Doctor leaning against the doorframe all shaved haircut and leather.

"Hi." I walked up to him.

"Hello." His intense gaze was so familiar, he was my Doctor and he wasn't turning away this time. He stepped closer, his movements slow as if waiting for me to run before he gathered me up in his arms. His hold was tight and I felt a sense of deja vu as he rested his face against my shoulder.

The sun had set and ash was falling from the sky.

"Snow?" Mickey ignored the Doctor and looked at me.

"Not snow, ash." I frowned looking back at the boys. I pat the Doctor on the back, "I need to see my mum, she's probably worried sick."

I separated from him and walked back toward the Powell Estate staircase.

I didn't realise how sore I was until I started the trip up stairs.

The Doctor had followed his face solemn.

He looked at me as I winced in pain.

When we made it to our floor's landing, my mum had already opened our door and ran to my side.

She hugged me tight.

"Ow..."

"Oh I'm sorry sweetheart. What happened? You left and then the ship left after a couple hours, then the green lightning from the corners of the city and you still didn't come home."

"Sorry an old...acquaintance wanted to have coffee and wouldn't take no for an answer."

"Who..." The Doctor spoke.

"And you!" My mother turned on the Doctor and smacked him across the face, "How dare you!"

I pulled my mum back, "Mum, he didn't know."

"If it wasn't for his future se..."

"Mickey..." I gave him the eye.

"What doesn't he need to know so he can come on time?"

The Doctor looked at me, "Rose, what did I miss?"

"Oh you know a first contact, a near invasion, me falling from a spaceship saved by your next regeneration." I waved my hand, "Oh and then..."

I let out a sigh as my mum shouted in outrage.

"What is this about you falling from a ship?"

"I was ok, mum. Sexy saved me, a future version but still."

My mum smacked the Doctor's arm, "This is what happens when you abandon my daughter, she goes off being a hero and nearly dies. You owe her an apology you big..."

I sighed, "Mum..."

I walked into our flat and would have face planted on my bed, but remembered just in time the glass strewn across it from earlier.

I walked out and went into mum's, as soon as my body hit the sheets I was asleep.

When I woke up it was to my mum petting my hair.

"I almost lost you, again."

I rolled over onto my side, "But you didn't."

She shook her head, "You are far too stubborn."

"I wonder where I got that quality from..."

I let out a laugh as my mum went to tickle me only to suck in my breath as I winced due to my aches and pains.

My mum apologised and I shook my head.

"The Doctor?"

"I set him to work cleaning up the living room of glass."

Breakfast was awkward the next morning

The Doctor was put to work by my mum all morning. He sat slumped in exhaustion at the table.

"So is there a planet we could go to for a breather before our next adventure?"

The Doctor looked up with his eyes wide, "You still are coming."

I smiled, "Of course you can't get rid of me that easily."

A wide trademark grin, "I wouldn't dream of it. I know just the place."