31. Just Another Spaceship?

The Doctor had gone to save the past me falling from the Sycorax ship while I visited Mum.

She was livid when she found out I had been kidnapped.

"I think I've dealt with them."

"And the Doctor, where was he during all this?"

"He came to save me. If he hadn't I would have never remembered who I was. I would have just been their personal battery." I looked at Jackie, "He paid for it too. When you next see him, he'll look different. He kind of died for me, so don't go hitting him when he comes back."

"What about me?" Jack strode in, a bandage wrapped around his head although he didn't need it. I think he liked how mum had been fussing over him when he came back from rescuing me. "He only barely died once, I.."

I let out a fake exaggerated sigh before standing on my tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek, "Thank you CJ."

"Now let's get you some tea." Mum bustled to the kitchen, "I made your favourite biscuits, Jack."

I looked after my mum before turning towards CJ and sitting on our couch. "So what's your plan?"

"I think I'll travel a bit. I've got some places I'd like to go before the Doctor takes away my ability to travel through time."

I laughed, "I think you'll probably meet past me then."

Jack smiled, "My thoughts exactly. There's something I need to investigate."

When the Doctor came back a changed man, mum insisted that Mickey travel along with us

"You obviously need another pair of eyes on Rose. Keep her as safe as you can, Doctor."

"Of course, Jackie."

He was more humble than the TV show of 10, but of course my Doctor had regenerated later than other timelines did.

Mickey came in with a backpack and a duffle, "I'm all packed when are we setting off."

I looked to my mum, "You are sure you want to stay here alone."

Jackie Tyler stood tall, "I would prefer to keep both feet on the ground." She placed a hand on mine, patting it. "Just make sure to check in with me at the end of each grand adventure, so I know you are well. And if you can't have Mickey call me, got it?"

I smiled and nodded.