<2>

Your smile is like the sun,
Bringing light to every day,
I am blessed to be with you,
Forever and always,
Come what may.

Your smile is like the sun,Bringing light to every day,I am blessed to be with you,Forever and always,Come what may

"Baba, you have read it wrong. It says, 'The decision is to be made this week. We request all young men to prepare and gather tomorrow at empire gates, and will remain stationed until a decision is made'."

"Ya Allah Khalid, you scared me wallahi. You are losing your sight, Habibi." Ammi almost cries out, her hand covering her heart.

Even I was scared for a moment until Usman read the paper correctly himself. But the fact remains that there is a good amount of chance that the war will happen given that our religion and empire are threatened.

"Usman, are there any other details written down?" Abu Bakr asked and pulled the paper out of Usman's hands, his eyes eager to find the answer themselves. Saif came to Abu Bakr's side and looked into the paper as well.

Three towers looming over one piece of paper, it seemed hilarious to me at how tiny the parchment looked in their hands.

I too move to stand in front of them, supporting myself on the tip of my toes, trying to see what was written in the paper but could not catch a word.

Huffing, I lowered myself.

Saif noticed my behavior and raised an eyebrow, "You want to see?" I nodded eagerly.

"Go get me water first." Immediately I ran into the kitchen, grabbed a vessel, and poured water into it.

On the same foot, I ran back to where my three brothers stood. "Here! Now can I see?"

Saif took the vessel and started to drink slowly.

Abu Bakr raised his head from the paper and cocked it to the side, "Bring me water too." Sighing, I took the vessel from Saif, went to the kitchen, and came back with a filled one, handing it to Abu Bakr.

"Jazakallah."

"Can I see now?"

"Get me water too." Sending a nasty glare toward Usman, I took the vessel from Abu Bakr, went to the kitchen, and came back with a filled one.

They were messing with me on purpose.

"Here."

Usman took it and handed me the paper. Finally!

Skimming through the paper, whisking all the information written in my head, I looked back up at my siblings, "So, will all of you be going early in the morning?"