<3>

Your love is like a summer breeze,
Filling me with joy and ease,
With every touch, my heart is won,
Forever and always, my only one.

Your love is like a summer breeze,Filling me with joy and ease,With every touch, my heart is won,Forever and always, my only one

Walking back to my house was torture. My mind was in a state of emergency, going crazy wondering how in the world was I going to tell Ammi that I lost my purse which had a good amount of money in it.

Ahh! Save me!

Standing outside the door of my house, I wondered if I should go in or not.

There is no hope for you Hoor, and no other choice. Just go in!

Grabbing the handle of the door, I walked in as naturally as I could.

Haven't been more unnatural than this.

"Assalamualaikum, I am home." Saying my greeting as low as I can manage, I was ready to make a beeline towards my room but that very moment, Ammi came out from the kitchen.

"You are home, did you bring the eggs?" Oops! I had completely forgotten about the eggs! Now my mind had to come up with an answer or reasonable explanation for two things.

Why are you so stupid Hoor!

"Ammi, I have to tell you something." Tangling my fingers with each other, sweat started to form on my forehead out of nervousness.

"Go on."

"Ammi . . ." What to say? I can either lie or sugarcoat my words. I can either exaggerate the snatching or just not tell her.

"Ammi I . . . Ammi-"

"What is this 'Ammi Ammi', come on, out with it! What did you do this time?"

"Why do you always think it's me who does something all the time?!" I mean . . . She is not wrong but still!

Ammi narrowed her eyes at me and I gulped. Clearing my throat, "Amm-" The loud banging on the door of our house startled me.

Is this the moment Allah saves me from the wrath of my mother!?

"I'll check!" Quickly rushing to the door, I call out, "Who is it!?" When no answer greeted me back, I opened the door slowly.

Stepping out, there was no one.

Eh?

Turning around to walk back into my house, my foot landed on something and when my eyes moved to glance at it, they almost bulged out.