<26>

Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?

Two days went by. Two days since Aza unvieled my identity and two days since he had shown me his face.

His face was . . .  Truly beautiful yet rough. Glowed. His face glowed as the moon light cascaded on his face and I wondered, how can a man be so beautiful.

So deadly yet beautiful. Truly a shehzada. (Prince)

My nights were becoming more and more restless by the day, not only because of Aza's face that kept coming back but several other reasons.

Whenever I closed my eyes to sleep, it felt as if someone was watching me and then Aza's words would ring in my head, 'Close your window at night.'

Let's just say, I love the feel of cool air entering my room too much to shut the window close.

My fingers and thumb worked to snap the twig in my hand as I delved deeper in thought.

The sun unbashfully bathed us in it's naked light and I was staring to loose my common sense because of the heat.

Too hot.

On top of all this heat, Ammi had woken me up early in the morning, her excuse being that guests were coming over and when I asked 'who?', her only answer was, 'My special friends.'

Now, I was not unaware of my mother's wishes. Ever since I had returned from my false kidnapping, my mother had something bothering her and it was quite obvious. She had been pestering me about my looks and health. She has been saying weird things like, 'When you will finally go to your husband's house -' etc etc.

I would not be surprised if these special friends would have something to do with it.

My mom was thoroughly cleaning the house while I prepared dishes after dishes.

Kebabs of many variety, kheer, pulao, and only Allah knows what else Ammi has planned for me to make. My hands are going to fall off if she asks me roll another pair of kebabs.

Seconds turned to minutes to hours until the sun was ready to set and the door of our house was pounded upon.

The special guests were here.

I can only hope that it is not what I think it is, even though it probably is. The fact that Ammi has asked me to dress my best does not help that thought either.

Baba had probably invited the guests in by now, maybe I can take a peek and see who are the people.

Slightly poking my head out, I blinked.

A woman and two men.

One man out of the two looked older, just like the woman who sat next to them while the second man looked young even though the beard on his face made him look older than what ever was his age.