<13>

Your touch is like a sunlit ray,
That warms my heart and brightens days;

Soft wind had started to blow, the rustling leaves of the trees played a music never heard before and the stars danced to it as usual

I think it was Allah telling us to calm down and not worry, for tomorrow will be an easy victory.

One could only hope.

I hastily pick herbs that were mentioned in the book the merchant had given me. According to the book, they had healing properties and it would be a fool if I did not prepare myself even whe informed about it. After packing everything else that was deemed important, I was ready.

"Amir Hamza, they are calling for cavalry planning." A man I could not put a name to called me.

Nodding at him, I follow the man out and towards the fire place around which many men were already seated.

"This is the map of courtyard of Mirage. Let me assure you first that this camp will not be the only one on the battlefield. Empire's stronghold experienced warriors are making their way at the battlefield as we speak and are laying traps for the enemies." Ahmad spoke and next to him, on a seat sat the 'Sahab', who looked high and mighty as usual.

I find this Sahab very . . . Weird? Had better words for him but can not really say those.

It felt like a heavy weight had been lifted up from my chest when I heard that elite warriors would be participating. Ones that were handpicked by the Amir for the protection of the stronghold.

The elite battalion was composed of warriors with years and years of experience led by a powerful general.

Everyone in this camp definitely trained their whole life but still might not get to the level of the warrior that had participated in battles before.

"There are two positions for the archers. Up in the trees and behind the battalion-" Ahmad went on about the positions for everyone.

Everyone listened intently to each word Ahmad said including me. The plans and tactics as well as the traps that were going to be placed were discussed.

Hearing everything, it feels as if this will be an easy win but I knew better.

My eyes moved on their own towards Aza who was leaning against the tree, sharpening his dagger, his bare muscles in his sleeveless tunic flexed everytime he shaved another piece. As if feeling my eyes on him, he raised his head but by that time, I was already looking somewhere else.