<14>

With every breath, my heart begins to thaw
As ice-cold walls give way to warmth and awe
The frost that once consumed me starts to fade
And in its place, a fiery passion's made

With every breath, my heart begins to thawAs ice-cold walls give way to warmth and aweThe frost that once consumed me starts to fadeAnd in its place, a fiery passion's made

Under the red sky, we all stood as one, waiting for the enemies to arrive. Everyone's face was full of confidence and commitment. If anyone saw our steadfast faces, they would probably not come in our way to victory.

And so we waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

"Something's not right." Someone seemed to say.

Yeah, something is not right. We were supposed to clash at sunrise and it is way past that.

Turning my head to Aza, it felt like he was the type of person who would have an answer to this but when I took in his throbbing temple and wide eyes, I realized that something had gone wrong definitely.

My brain turned gears and endless situations clashed in my head.

Out of nowhere, a white eagle as prestigious as a white stallion landed on Aza's shoulder and everyone's attention shifted to him.

Tied on one of its feet was a small piece of paper rolled in a thin line.

Aza pulled it out immediately to read, "A message to Amir Hamza."

To me?

Aza skimmed his eyes on the paper, "We have been made fools!"

Aza sounded terrifying and I Snatched the paper from his hands, It read,

Amir, large battalions of Purus empire had been spotted on the western, eastern, and southern border! Some soldiers of the Draco empire are also involved. We have been fed wrong information! Almost all our warriors are at the northern border with you and whoever is left is at the stronghold. We need troops!

No! No no no! This is all wrong! This should not be happening. How could this happen?

 Khulaid seemed to rip the paper from my hands, reading what I just read.

Aza had his fingers rubbing his temples and fear consumed me. If they make it past the border, they will infiltrate the empire. Killing and terrorizing the families. Soon enough they will reach the stronghold and kill the Amir!

We are miles and miles away, it will take us a lot of time to reach the borders anyway! What can we do!?

"I need everyone's attention!" Aza's voice thundered next to me and my body shuddered.