<17>

Love is a flame that never dies,
A spark that lights up the skies;
A bond that grows with every beat,
A love that's pure and sweet.

Love is a flame that never dies,A spark that lights up the skies;A bond that grows with every beat,A love that's pure and sweet

My eyes were sticky as I opened them. I need to wash my eyes, it's been a while since the last time I washed my face. In front of me, the sun was starting to set while I rested under the shade of a tree.

Sitting upright, I felt someone beside me, when my head turned in that direction, my eyes were wide when I spotted Hussain there.

"Hussain!"

"My Amir."

"You are alright! You are alive!"

"That's right! I think I went slightly over while acting. I was wearing armor underneath, of course, I am alive."

My forehead creased, "but that is not possible! You lost too much blood and we checked your pulse - it was not there! I, myself! Sent your body back to the palace."

Hussain's eyes seem to soften, "That's right! Then why is it that you keep telling yourself, 'What if he is alive, maybe we checked wrong'. I am not here anymore Hoorain."

My eyes snapped open.

I was on a horse and it was night. Behind me were all 299 warriors, also on horses.

A dream.

My cheeks felt wet and my eyes burned. My heart was heavy and my limbs hurt.

He died . . . Because of me!

A sob threatened to break out of me and I had to cover my mouth. I think I am going to vomit.

Calm down Hoor. Calm down.

We had first dropped the prisoners at the palace along with . . . Uhh, I cannot even think about it. We had received refreshments and first aid to take a long with us. Now we were on our way to the southern border.

Two days maximum to get there, if we move nonstop then maybe quicker.

On the east and west, I am sure our formidable forces will be enough but at the south, it was the border furthest. Khulaid and his army must have taken time to reach and I am sure the enemies were aware of that so they must have sent more warriors there than in the other places.

It would be best if we went there to help them.

The sword of the fallen warrior burned my back, too heavy for me to carry. The burden of his death was too heavy for me to carry.