<22>

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.

Rummaging through my bag, I searched for that one white dress I brought with me in case I had to return home

It was finally time!

Once I found it, I quickly pulled it out and laid it out. Digging right back into the bag, I searched for -

My eyes caught the sight of Hussain's sword in the corner and unintentionally my teeth bit my lips.

One minute I am standing in the abandoned house, getting my things together and the next I am standing in front of Aza's tent with the sword.

Knocking the hilt of the sword on the wood of his tent, it was the second time in the same night that we were going to see each other at the other's resting place.

My patience was starting to run thin when Aza did not come out. Grinding my teeth, I knocked the sword again.

Come out already!

"There is no one in there."

Turning around on my heel, a surprised yelp almost escapes my lips when my eyes find Aza standing with an axe in his hand and sweat trickling down his bare arms.

Was he finally going to murder me!? Come on Hoorain, you know he will not . . . Hopefully.

I nod my head in acknowledgment.

"What? Did you suddenly become mute again?" My eyes widened.

"Ye- I mean no." Aza pushed past me and inside his tent. I followed in as well.

His tent was neat but stuffy. How do I explain this? In one corner was a table with many daggers and pieces of wood. Opposite the table was his makeshift bed of straws. In that tiny space, both of us standing made the space seem too small for us.

And I thought the Amir would have somewhat spacious tent.

"If you are done assessing and analyzing this place, can we discuss what you are here for?" Aza had discarded the axe next to his table and now stood with his arms crossed.

His sleeveless tunic tucked in his lower garment only enhanced his muscular biceps and an involuntary gulp moved down my throat.

A single droplet of sweat slid down my spine and I blinked several times to rid myself of any . . . Thoughts.

"A brave swordsman died protecting the person he thought was his Amir. Hussain is shaheed and he left this sword for his Amir. I am here to give it to yo-"