<4>

You are the light of my life,
The one who makes everything right,
Your love, a melody in my heart,
Forever and always, my sweetheart.

You are the light of my life,The one who makes everything right,Your love, a melody in my heart,Forever and always, my sweetheart

It was dark with only the moonlight guiding me. I did not bother to pick up the chiragh (lantern) with me since it would only get attention from passersby and what I have heard from my brothers, at this hour, only those who revel in violence and theft roamed free.

Being a woman with only a dagger to protect me, I could not pay the hefty price of being mugged.

I have to be smart about this, can not risk myself dying even before I reach the battlefield.

Quwa walked with his head bobbing periodically and I sighed. The empire gates, I know where it was but what I did not know was what exact time it would take me to get there. I have been there several times when my family used to travel but I hardly kept track of the time.

I was the person people would call lost in thoughts, in her own world, or out of reality.

The path we traveled on was thick with trees and only a straight road made up of cheap coal. Quickly reciting a prayer for protection, I clutched the pendant under my hood.

I might not be strong and muscular like men but it did not deter me from doing what I liked. Even in the protection of the four walls of my house, I practiced throwing rocks at targets, getting better at accuracy and precision both.

This explains why I chose a dagger as my hefty partner.

But as I will start to go further, this skill will fall short and I will need to hone something else for the shortcomings.

Maybe a sword or a spear. Something that would keep me up and running even in close combat.

How long have I been traveling like this? How close am I to the destination?

The sleep started to dominate my body, my eyelids threatened to drop shut and my grip on the reigns started to loosen. My head felt like it weighed a ton, making it harder to keep it straight up.

I hope I don't fall off.

"Ya, Allah! Help! Thief! Is anyone here!? Help!"

Jolting awake, my eyes were wide open and my heart beat frantic at the sudden distress. Quwa neighed lowly

I should change my direction, I can't face them at the stage that I am! I don't even know how many people there are. If anyone knows I am a woman, they are only going to -

Stop thinking! If you save a human, it is like saving the whole of humanity!

Wheels started turning in my head and I took a deep breath. You have Quwa and Allah with you Hoor.

You can do this!

Dismounting my horse, I moved between the trees and towards the wailing man.

"Don't take that! No! Please! I have mouths to feed, Ya Allah! Someone stop him!"