<24>

Love doesn't make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

Just as I speculated, over the past few days, there have been people over the house

Sending prayers, questioning the events, and much more. I was tired and only wanted to flop down on my bed at that time.

My training with my father has been intense and exhausting. My body was cramping from more places than I can name, and now that the guests came over, I had to hold in a wince every time I bent down to pick up dishes and teacups.

Looking at my brothers, it was obvious that they were tired of keeping up conversations and continuously smiling. I would do anything but indulge myself in holding a conversation with the uncles and aunts of society.

Imagine my surprise when I pick up the last of the dishes from the table that were going to be washed for the twentieth time on the same day and the door of our house is knocked again.

"Ya Allah." A whisper that had been sitting on the tip of my tongue finally slipped out, and Ammi flicked my head.

"Hoor, guests are a blessing. Usman, see to the door." Sighing I rolled my eyes while Usman moved to the door.

My ears were as wide as those of an elephant to find out who was at the door.

"Ammi! Khulaid and Aza are here!"

My heart plummeted. What!

It seems like the lies are going to bite me sooner than expected.

Abu Bakr rushed to the door, I rushed to the kitchen, Ammi rushed to the door as well, and Saif started to quickly fix the cushions and couches in the lounge.

I can't go out!

Khulaid is fine, but Aza!  Why him!? He will find out.

As if the day was not hectic enough before, it just made a havoc in my brain too.

"Assalamualaikum!" Aza and Khulaid say in unison as they enter the house, and my breath cracks.

By now, I am plastered to the door of the kitchen with my ear flat on the door.

"Walaikumasalam!"

"Forgive us for coming unannounced." Aza said. At least you are considerate! You should not have come here!

"No, Habibi, come sit. I will get you tea along with something to eat." My Ammi is always the one with the guests. The sweetest peach you will find.