<12>

My love for you is like a rose,
A bloom that in my heart grows;
With petals soft and sweet to touch, a love that means so very much.

My love for you is like a rose,A bloom that in my heart grows;With petals soft and sweet to touch, a love that means so very much

My eyes caught Aza's. His eyes were slightly widened after hearing what Usman had said, his fists clenching surprised me.

He was affected by what Usman had just said.

I was even more surprised when he entered the tent, joining my brothers. I could not help but join them as well.

If I did not know well, I would think that Aza harbored some feelings for me or was a close family member or something.

This was the first time I had seen him like this.

"Apologies that I am invading your personal discussion but I could not help but hear what you just said," Aza said to Usman.

Aza's whole demeanor had changed. Just by glancing at his eyes, I could tell that he was somewhat disturbed by this revelation too. I wonder why.

"Can you tell me what you know so far, I might prove to be helpful." My eyes carefully tried to read Aza. In what little time I had spent with this man, I realized that he was a man of many mysteries. He does not seem the type of person who would do anything without a good reason.

Why would he be worried about a random man's sister? Unless . . . He had some sort of relation to her. But I have never talked to this man when I was dressed according to my actual gender.

My brothers seemed to hesitate, probably not wanting to tell a random person the business of their house.

"And maybe Amir Hamza here can pull some strings." At this, Abu Bakr's, Usman's, and Saif's eyes brighten up, and they immediately turn their heads to me.

Aza knew exactly what to say to get the information he needed.

I did not know how exactly I would be pulling strings but I knew for a fact that Aza would be pulling mine and I am not sure if I preferred that.

"A letter from our house arrived this morning, it seems like she has been missing since the day we arrived here. The same night, some thieves also broke into our house, stealing a few valuables and kidnapped our sister. We have to go back but I doubt we will be allowed to." Usman explains and my heart drops.

Thieves!? Ya Allah! How did this happen?

"Don't worry about not being allowed to go back, just pack your things. The Amir and I will have a chat." He sounded serious, his voice laced with . . . Anger? Or perhaps it was tension.