•Prologue•

Standing on the concourse, elbow resting on the railing, peering over at the party-goers as they waltzed into the ballroom, without a care in the world. I held a small glass of whisky in my hand, and I welcomed it into my mouth, ice cubes clinking against my teeth as they tried to escape from inside the glass. I tilted my head back, pouring the last of the liquid into my mouth, before setting the empty glass down. Oh, how it amazed me, just how free I feet. A beautiful, free woman; with an impeccable taste in men. I had been stood, watching, waiting, for about an hour, waiting for the perfect specimen to walk by; I would grab him by the arm and whisk him away. He'll be proud, I thought to myself, smiling.

I stood tall, watching my little specimen as he moved through the crowd, my heels clicking against the marble floor, following my prey as he sat. I slid into the booth, he was occupied by the menu, as I waved my hand at a waiter passing by, taking the drink from the tray. A glass of pink Rosè, a drink perfect to pair with my manicure; I drummed my fingers against the table, gaining the young man's attention. He smiled courteously, seemingly confused as to why I was sitting in front of him. He had something that I wanted, well, needed. It was coursing through his bulging veins. The warm, crimson, blood that kept him alive. He opened his mouth.

"Can I help you?" He asked, his voice deep. I smiled, mind racing ahead to imagine the next chain of events. I would seduce him, bring him up to our suite, undress him, romance him, and then he would take the first taste. It was our tradition, and I was more than happy to continue it.

The young man's teeth were bright white, shining attractively in the dim glow of the room.

"I was just wondering why a young man so handsome would be sat alone in a bar like this. How come there isn't a beautiful young lady on your arm?" I purred, resting my chin in the palm of my hand. He chuckled, looking around, his pristine smile contagious. Looking back at me he chuckled, black eye staring deeply into mine; I could hear his blood sloshing around his body, feel his heart pumping. I bit my bottom lip, digging my fingers into the seat. There was no use in getting aroused so early into the game, the prey was still at large, I hadn't caught it yet. He leans forwards, opening his mouth.

"In all honesty, she wasn't how I remembered her. She used to be a skinny, beautiful blonde – looked after herself, cheerleader type. Now she's a single mother of four with a bloated body." He said quietly, a smile breaking out across his face. I giggled, sipping on my drink, noticing that his eyes were watching my every move, events were playing in my favour. I reached for his hand, rubbing my thumb across the back of it. He didn't object, instead, he leaned in closer.

"You know, she was never as attractive as you are." He whispered in my ear. I was flattered. But, I was more excited by the fact that my love's meal was almost ready as the seconds ticked by. I didn't bother to speak, instead, I left the booth, standing in front of him.

At first, he was confused, until I offered him my hand, which he took gingerly. I led him along the concourse, looking down over the ledge, locking eyes with her; she offered me a wink, before turning back to the guests at the front desk. We stopped in front of the elevator, I pushed the button, waiting for the doors to open. The bell rung, the engine halting, doors rolling open. We stepped inside, doors closing, car going up. I pushed him up against the wall, my hand resting on his cheek.

"You are so handsome." I whispered, before pressing my lips against his.

-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Vienna by Ultravox