•Thaddeus- Part Four•

I sat on the ground, back to my couch, head down. Beer bottle in hand, I tapped it against the ground, getting increasingly angry. Screaming at the top of my lungs, I smashed it against the floor, the glass shards piercing my pale skin. I mashed my fist into the tinier shards, sobbing again, eyes aching from days and days of this bitter loneliness. My throats was hoarse from yelling non-stop, and I hadn't I moved ever since he walked out on me. I was completely heartbroken, and my body was deteriorating. I hadn't drank, and I refused to. Penelope had paid me many a visit, trying to get me to drink the blood that he had gotten for me- yet, I refused, feeling completely and utterly ashamed of my body's need for other people's blood.

Sobbing pathetically, I ignored the numbing pain in my hand- it was throbbing uncontrollably. Sniffling, I looked down again, I wiped my hand on my damp clothes, contemplating whether or not to yell at the front desk for not bringing me more alcohol. Instead, I rolled onto my stomach, attempting to stand up the way a toddler does when they learn to walk. Letting out a grunt, leaving a bloody handprint on the floor, I tried to stand up. My world instantly began to spin, causing me to fall back to the ground with a pained moan. Laughing at myself, my fun-loving drunken side finally making their appearance, I tried to get up again, leaving more bloody handprints all over the floor. Sooner or later, Penelope would be up here, trying to pour blood down my throat. I'd refuse and tantrum like a child, smashing things, injuring myself. He'd simply shake his head, leaving me to run myself into a coma, leaving the odd gift of rum or another selection of cheap beer.

I waddled over to the telephone, the room spinning as I punched in the numbers for the front desk, holding the receiver to my ear. I leant against the wall, the glass table underneath me looking more and more dangerous as the seconds ticked by.

"Front desk, Talulah speaking how may I help you." Talulah said in his best exasperated tone.

"Rum." I said, staring at the wall in front of me, swaying a little.

"Thaddeus James West, you have had enough alcohol this week. I'm not bringing you any more, that is final." He said, sounding like a father. I laughed, feeling dizzy.

"That's funny Talulah, that's funny," I said coolly, my teeth holding my lip, making a hissing sound, "I was under the impression that you work for me and do whatever I say!" I snapped at him down the receiver, trying not to fall into the glass table.

"Alright." He said, putting the phone down. As I went to out the receiver down, I slipped forwards, landing on the table. It smashed under my deadweight, my face mashing into the floor. I groaned, lying starfish-like on the ground, tiny glass shards digging into my body. I was stinging everywhere, but I didn't care anymore. Jacob had ruined me, and there was nothing on this earth that could bring me back to my old self. I let out an angered scream, punching the floor, a tear slipping from my eye.  I rolled over, the glass crunching underneath me, I was surrounded by little droplets of my blackened blood. It had lost its usual red colour, and was reduced to looking like the blood of a corpse. My father would've been ashamed, ashamed that his son had not only revealed to another the nature of his disease- but the fact that he had been reduced to an alcoholic stupor, rolling around on the floor in his suite as he destroyed the expensive furniture.

Moving my fringe out of my face, the door to my suite creaked open. Talulah stood in the doorway, his hand on his hips, a bottle of rum in one hand. He was wearing a long gold skirt, a black blouse tucked neatly into it. His heels weren't as high as Jacobs, but they gave him enough height to tower over me. I folded my arms across my body, secretly ashamed of the fact that I was lying in a pile of glass. "Jacob wouldn't want to see you like this." He said quietly.

"Jacob hates me Talulah- that's the funniest joke you've told since you started working here." I laughed, looking up at the ceiling.
He placed the bottle on the counter in my kitchen, before clicking over to me, pulling me up from the ground. I wobbled on the spot, putting my hands out to steady myself. He rolled his eyes, grabbing me by the ear, dragging me into my bedroom. I tried to bat his hand away, but was much to dizzy to make any meaningful process. He switched on the bathroom light, threw open the door, and pushed me into the shower. As I tried to get out, he switched it on, warm water instantly covering my entire body. I yelled at him as he left me in there, closing the door, standing outside. I took my my clothes angrily, tossing them onto the ground, folding my arms as the water attacked the tiny cuts covering my body. I frowned, standing there as the water scalded my skin.

Talulah made sure that I stood under the water for a good ten minutes. His hand wound around the door as I turned the water off, holding a towel out to me. I snatched it off him, patting my body with it. Biting my lip, pained hisses slipped through the gaps as I patted at the tiny cuts. I was beyond angry, and was even more so as I stood in front of the mirror. I looked like I was clinging onto life, my eyes sunken, my skin paler than anything normal. There was a few cuts on my right cheek from when I had landed on top of the glass, but that wouldn't affect how people saw me. Well, one person in particular. He probably wanted me to die, and rightly so. Who in the right mind could love somebody that stole blood from others, luring them into their room, pinning them down to a bed and slicing them with a knife? Nobody. That's the answer. I didn't deserve to be loved, and I knew that all along.
~>•<~

"We're going to have a talk, Thaddeus. Because I'm sick of you acting like a child." He said, I went to open my mouth in retaliation, but he held up his hand to shush me. "Do you really think that acting like this will bring Jacob back to you? Because I for one know that he won't want you if you're screaming on the floor in a pile of glass, drinking yourself into a stupor." He said, I looked down, my foot tapping against the floor. I hated when he lectured me, I felt like I was being told off by a teacher. Ever since my father died, I had to say that I looked to Talulah as a father. I brought him here when he was unhappy, and in return he patented me in my father's absence. I hated to admit that he was right, and he knew that. "Look at you. You look like a patient on a cancer ward. You've got no colour in your skin, and you look like you've been punched in the eyes a few times. You can't not drink the blood, Thaddeus, you're killing yourself. Jacob would never want you to die, however much he hates you. Even you know that." He said, cocking his head to the side, a solemn expression on his face.

"I don't want to live without him, Talulah. He's the only person that I've ever truly ever loved-"

"Apart from yourself. Don't give me any excuses for not looking after yourself, because I won't hear them. Either, you start looking after yourself, or he'll never come back. He'll never hear you out, and he'll never think about you again. He'll blossom into a confident, beautiful young person and leave you here in the gutter, wallowing in self-pity, drinking all of my fucking rum which should be served to your guests." He said, pointing at me, his face completely blank. I looked down again, he was right to shout at me.

"I-I just feel like there's no reason for me to live. I just want to sit here and drink until my body decides it can't go on anymore. I want to drink to forget about him, so I can go back to my usual self."

Talulah shook his head, unable to get through to me as another tear trickled down my cheek. Standing up, he dusted himself off, checking his reflection in the mirror behind me. He turned on his heel, leaving me to wallow. I didn't blame him for giving up on me, I felt like everybody around me was doing it. It was the latest fad in the Westward Hotel. Even I was onboard, letting out a deep sigh as I began to cry.

Getting up off the couch, I waddled over to the counter, using my teeth to pull the cork out of the neck of the bottle. I spat it onto the floor, it hurtled off into the sunset, the cold liquid igniting my insides as I took my first sip. Closing my eyes for a moment, I breathed in deeply, hissing as my body began to ache. Turning on my heel, I waddled back over to the small lounge, pressing the button on my record player. I stood on top of my coffee table, as Los music began to pour through the speakers.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- God Bless This Acid House by Kasabian

A.N
I feel like the lyrics of GBTAH really speak to Thaddeus' character, and I can imagine him dancing on his wee coffee table as he drinks his sorrow away. It's a good job I wanna be a film student, isn't it?? I can so see me making this story one day, and with a soundtrack jam-packed with Kasabian because I fucking love Serge, Tom, Ian and Chris <3 they're my baby boys

Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote because it really helps me out my lovelies <3