•He's Meeting My Mother•

It was as though he was in a catatonic state, he didn't talk for what seemed like hours. I was holding onto him as he stared blankly at the car's interior, my hand running through his hair. His body was limp, his thoughts dominating his actions, making him completely useless. I didn't know why the event had affected him so much- groping the female body, or those perceived to be female, is a regular occurrence every single day. Most people don't or can't share their experiences, in my case, it ended in a broken camera and Thaddeus refusing to speak.

"Thaddeus?" I said softly, stroking his cheek with my fingers. He didn't say a word, staring at the back of the driver's seat. I tutted, pulling his head into my chest, holding onto him tightly.

I was hoping and praying that my mother would still be at work, and my sister out with her family. It would allow me to sneak him into my room, and take off my fancy clothes. I smiled, thinking about my mother's reaction to her son wearing clothes like this. I rolled my eyes, my mind conjuring up the words that she'd say to me. Oh how she would freak if she did see. As fun as the event seemed in my head, I knew that the night would end with me crying.
~>•<~

The driver stopped the car right outside my house, my family's cars absent from the driveways. I thanked him, reaching into Thaddeus' back pocket again, slipping him a twenty. Thaddeus managed to get himself out of the car, but he seemed lost. His skin was pale, waxy, and I didn't like the way he seemed to have a glow a gross shade of green. I hooked my arm under his, taking him over to the curb. The driver handed me his card, insisting that I called him the next morning to take Thaddeus and I back to the hotel. Thanking him, he sped off, leaving us alone in the cool summer breeze. "Come on." I said to the quiet boy, as he staggered with me over to the door.

He sat idly on my bed, staring at the wall. I was concerned about him, as I was sitting right in front of him, and it looked like he couldn't see me. I waved a finger in front of his face, his eyes lazily tracing it. I sighed, holding onto his cheeks, making sure that I was the one thing that he was focusing on. "Honey, I'm okay." I said, smiling so that he understood that I truly was okay.

"I should've just ripped his arm off and ended him." He said in a monotone voice, struggling to keep his eyes on mine. I frowned, squeezing his cheeks.

"No, Thaddeus. We can't just murder people because we can't have our own way. The world is difficult, and the fact that I was wearing a dress and looking remarkably fabulous probably spurred him on," I poured at him, he let out a deep sigh, "You just have to learn to keep calm." I added, climbing into his lap. He managed to smile for me, his hands resting on my thighs.

"Why are we at your house, may I ask?" He said with a chuckle, gently squeezing my thighs, looking more and more human as the seconds ticked by.

"I don't know. I figured that I'd rather sneak you to my house, where nobody would find us, instead of taking you back to the hotel with people 'shoving cameras up your arse'. Especially as you looked really green." I said with a laugh, he shook his head.

"How considerate of you." He said, as I pressed my forehead against his, he rubbed his nose against mine. Our lips collided, he held onto my face to keep me close to him- when the front door opened, slamming shut. I grumbled loudly, Thaddeus laughing.

"Jacob? Is that you? I've ordered dinner tonight, we're gonna watch something on TV if you care enough to join us!" She called up the stairs, earning another loud groan from me. Thaddeus smiled at me slyly, I knew full well what he was going to suggest. I was not going to sit and watch a shitty programme with her, Rebecca and her boring husband. I refused.

"I'm busy!" I called at her, Thaddeus drawing shapes on my skin. I could tell by the silence, that she was huffing and puffing at the bottom of the stairs. There was no way that she was going to let that slide- she never thought that I was busy. "When she storms in here, I want to you to look like you're tired or something. I don't want to sit with them and eat shitty food." I poured, adding a fake cry for effect. He chuckled, tapping my thighs.

"Jacob James Hill what is so important that you can't spend time with your family." She said, her face close to the door, fury echoing in her motherly voice.

"Because I'm here with a date ma, I'm here with a date. I'd rather be spending time with them, in privacy." I said, wiping my face, trying to sound somewhat exasperated- which was near impossible as I had Thaddeus underneath me pulling faces.

"Oh. You have a date, do you? Let me meet her." She demanded, her hand on the doorknob.

"Him. Mother. It's a him. And we would much rather be alone. Please." I begged, knowing that there was no way in hell that she would allow me to spend time with Thaddeus alone. I clambered off him, he crossed his legs, looking like a little angel. The colour had returned to his cheeks, giving them a rosey-glow. She sauntered in, looking him up and down as he smiled angelically, me looking flustered.

"Hello young man. And who are you?" She asked, her arms crossing, her foot tapping against the floor.

"I'm Thaddeus West, I own the hotel in town. You can trust that I'll treat your son with all of the respect that I can give." He said, his tone of voice has changed. I was proud of the fact that he could coerce my mother into believing him, his charm never failed to impress anybody.

"As in-"

"As in the heir to the millionaire, yes. Correct." He said, making a clicking noise with his cheek. "We could join them for a little while, couldn't we Jacob?" He asked, turning to me, I nodded as I gritted my teeth. My mother smiled, turning on her heel, leaving us alone in the room.

"This, is going to be entertaining." He said, leaning in, kissing me.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Go Easy by Mac Demarco

A.N
Long time no update, I know. But I've been busy with college work, and I've done two big shifts at work (I work at Starbucks and it's absolutely manic man it's manic.)
On top of that, I've been writing a script for a film studies project- and I've decided to convert it into a short story. It'll be about fourteen parts long- and I'm wondering if you guys are interested??

Let me know?? Maybe I'll post the description in my next update on this if you want <3

Don't forget to comment and vote, it really helps me out <3