•Home•

Saying goodbye to Tallulah, I bolted out of the revolving doors. Being in Thaddeus' presence made me feel uncomfortable- in a somewhat enjoyable way. It was as though everything he said swam around in my mind strangling any ounce of sense left there - even though he had hardly spoken a word to me; yet I was completely and utterly infatuated with him. His features, physical and his personality, were beautiful, something that I would never have thought I'd have the pleasure of seeing. Walking down the street, I sighed, head in hands, not really wanting to go home. My mother would question where I was, and my sister would punish me for avoiding dinner with her and her precious family. I sighed again, thinking about sitting around that dumb table with her perfect life flaunted in front of me. My perfect life was far from achievable. I wanted long, pastel pink hair- long enough for me to twist around a manicured finger. I wanted a huge house in the rich part of town, every wall covered in glitter. You want what you can't have, I'd tell myself over and over again. I wanted to feel comfortable in my own skin, even more so in this cold, unforgiving world. I wanted to be envied,  but to be admired. I walked faster, as the darkness around me decided to creep me out. Every alley that I passed, I felt like some crazed madman was about to leap out and chop off my head.

Of course I knew that my panicked delusions were just that- panicked delusions. Nobody in their right mind would ever think of something like that. I chalked it up to the fact that my house was getting closer and closer towards me. It's pale white shingles taunted me, glinting in the late evening moonlight. Scowling at the inanimate object, I stood in front of the front door, eyes wide. With one deep breath, I twisted the knob, stepping into warmth and quiet laughter. It was coming from the lounge, where my sister and her husband were with my mother. As usual, my father was nowhere to be seen. Standing in the doorway, my mother's happy eyes turned to a deep, enraged scowl.

"Where have you been?" She quizzed, getting a large sense of pride from her stern tone of voice. I raised an eyebrow, looking around the now completely silent room.

"I have been at work, where you asked me to be. Instead of being at home all of the time. Remember?" I said, pointing towards the door, dumbfounded as to why she would even bother to ask me that question. She knew exactly where I was, and exactly why I was there- instead of wanting to cry, sitting next to my sister's husband.

"Don't talk to her like that, have some respect." My sister piped up, I rolled my eyes, my words rolling off my tongue.

"Shut up Rebecca, nobody asked for your input. This was between her and I, I know that you can't help yourself," I said viciously, not sure whether I meant it or not. Either way, it shut her up; inside I was smiling in triumph. "As I was saying, mother, you asked me to get a job. And get a job was what I did. It pays well, and I'm surrounded by interesting people." I shrugged, looking at each and every one of the dumb expressions on their faces. Rolling my eyes, I returned to the hallway. Handing up my coat, kicking off my shoes, I crept upstairs. Even though I hated my sister and her robot husband, I adored their little girl. She was the sweetest little thing, especially with those blonde curls and that contagious, toothy grin.

I made sure that my door was shut as quietly as possible, before locking my door. It's me time, I said in my head, before proceeding to throw my clothes into a pile. When I doubted myself, I liked to look at myself in the mirror. I could always imagine how I wanted to look, I always saw myself like that. However, in reality, I was still the average-looking blonde boy with no love for his body. I sighed, lifting up an arm, fingers counting each and every rib. My pale skin looked bland and bare, but I refused to allow it to change colour. I somewhat liked the pale nature of my body, and the fact that I never ever tanned. Staring at myself didn't give me the same amount of pleasure that it usually did, so instead I found myself sat behind my computer. I was determined to find out more about the all-knowing Thaddeus. Those eyes of his implored me to do so. I cracked my knuckles, tucking my leg underneath my body. I typed 'Thaddeus West' into Google, finding that the headlines were unsurprising.

"Edward West's son, Thaddeus, finally seen outside the Westward Hotel"

"Thaddeus West- Hiding secrets?"

I cocked my head to the side, wondering what the second headline meant. I clicked on it, not really counting on sleeping anymore. Disease? It was all too much for my tiny mind to handle so late into the night. His father apparently suffered from some disease or something- however, nobody knew the effects. Edward West eventually stopped leaving his prestigious hotel, his son never left. News of his death obviously made the media for a day or two, before fading away into the background. I supposed that his wish was somewhat granted. He faded away into the background of fame, his legacy living on in his son. His incredibly beautiful son, I reminded myself. I chuckled at my thoughts. I switched off my computer, cracking my knuckles again. Waddling over to my bed, I threw myself onto it face down. I would've been content with suffocating there and then, but, I had something interesting to look forward to.

That terrifying, heavenly boy.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- My Body Is A Cage by Arcade Fire

A.N
Oops, the update is a day late on my schedule. But hey, is up isn't it?? <3

Don't forget to comment and vote, it really helps me out <3