•He's Not Drunk, But He Might Be High•

The boy seemed to mutter to himself until we go into the elevator. Pressing the button, dragging him inside, I set him down near the open doors. Getting another glimpse of Thaddeus' penthouse, I urged the doors to close. I didn't want him to come out and join us, I didn't want any more awkward encounters with him that day. Relief finally sank in when the doors closed, rainbows covering every inch of my feeble body. The boy chuckled, I frowned, wondering what I would do with him when I got to the lobby. Do I call him a cab? Do I get him another drink? I frantically asked myself, holding onto the rail as the lift jolted to life, sending us down.

"What's your name?" He asked, he was smiling like an imbecile, clearly high on some drug. I didn't really want to tell him my name through fear that he'd haunt me around this place for as long as I stayed here. Hesitating for a moment or two, I told him the truth.

"Jacob." I said quietly, watching him nod. He coughed, tilting his head back. Calling an ambulance was a better idea, a drink probably wouldn't cut it. The elevator came to a halt, the doors springing to life. I lifted him up, dragging him out, dropping him onto one of the couches so that I could ask Penelope's advice. Leaning over the front desk, I had to wait a moment before she put her lipstick down, she smacked her lips as if to ask me what was wrong. "I've just brought a boy down from Thaddeus' penthouse, and I think that he needs some sort go medical attention. He doesn't look so good." I said hesitantly, watching her eyes roll almost back into her head.

"Give him a drink or two, then call him a cab. He'll live." She smiled, pointing to the stairs. Turning around, biting my bottom lip, I refrained from sighing. I had no idea whether I had the strength to carry him up the steps- hopefully he could help himself. I was considerably smaller than him, both in weight and stature. I looked like a teenage boy that had failed to hit puberty, and he obviously had. Waddling over to him, he had his eyes closed.

"Hey?" I asked, prodding him hard in the shoulder. He opened an eye lazily, raising his eyebrow at me as if to ask me what I wanted. "Come on." I said, grabbing an arm, helping him up. He told me that he could walk, so I led him towards the flight of stairs to the bar, standing close to him so that if he did fall then I could make some attempt to catch him.

He threw himself down onto a bar stool, I asked him what he wanted. He pointed to a bottle of whiskey behind me, which I dutifully gave to him. I figured that it was strong enough to give him enough energy to walk out of the place. He stretched his arms, his shirt riding up, revealing a cut on his stomach. I frowned, thinking about how bad it was, neglecting to tell him. I didn't really want to engage in conversation with him anymore, just in case he began to talk about Thaddeus. I didn't want to hear anything more about him today, being frustrated that I had to put his toy away. "He's beautiful, isn't he?" He said, staring at me. I was too busy trying to pretend that I couldn't hear him. "I know that you can hear me. There's no point in ignoring me, now, is there?" He grinned, taking a huge gulp of the expensive amber liquid.

"Yes. Yes he is." I said simply with a sigh, taking a bottle of water from the fridge. Carrying that idiot had tired me out, and I knew that my back would ache like a bitch as punishment for caring about people. He laughed, taking another gulp.

"You know, everyone that he dragged up there with him last night chickened out- except me of course. I don't think they could've handled it," he said, rubbing his forehead with the palm of his hand, "He's pretty intense." He added, I shuddered. I didn't want to know what he did last night, I really did not. The only thing that I wanted to do at that moment was bundle him into a taxi and forget about him for the rest of the day.

"Is that so?" I said, intending it to be a rhetorical question. Instead, I found myself receiving an answer.

"He's gentle, which  surprised me because he looks like he could crush anybody with his bare hands. Then he pulled out this blade, and sliced my stomach, and drank my blood-"

"Okay. Thank you for sharing. I'm glad that you had a great time." I said, stopping him mid-sentence. He smiled, drinking again.

"He likes you, you know. He usually shoves his little toys into the elevator after he's finished with them, so that they can make their own way out. But, he made you come all of the way up to his little palace, and you came. You shouldn't have shown him that you were interested, now he's got you right where he wants you." He whispered his last statement, making me shudder. I shook my head, wiping my face with my hands. He shrugged, handing the bottle back to me. Stretching his limbs, flashing his cuts at me once again, before he got down from the bar stool. He managed to get down the stairs without falling, casually strolling through the revolving doors and out into the day. I stood there in awe, the half-empty whiskey bottle in my hand. I didn't know what to think, and I didn't know what to say. The boy has some serious kinks, I thought to myself, cleaning the neck of the bottle. By that point, I just wanted to go home. But going home would mean spending time with my sister and her family- I much preferred to stay at the hotel. Just thinking about spending unnecessary time with my family made me shudder with an overdramatic cringe. I placed the whiskey back where I was, stopping suddenly. I had the feeling that somebody was watching me, my body broke out into goosebumps. I chewed my lip before turning around.

There he was. His chin was resting in the pale palm of his hand, the other hand's fingers were drumming against the countertop. I was frozen, he was staring at me with the same intent of drinking my blood like he did to that boy. He cocked his head to the side, our eyes locking on to each other's. It was nice to see him with clothes on, although it was nicer to see him with barely any on.

"Found you." He said simply, a smile breaking out across his face. It was at that point, that I genuinely considered spending the entire day with my sister.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Closer by Nine Inch Nails

A.N
I have such a good plan for the story, and I know that I say this all of the time but I really do! I have the ending planned out, and the epilogue is pretty much a continuation of the prologue which I'm sure some people will enjoy? Idk...

Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote, it really helps me out <3