•Painted Nails•

Everything that he would say to me made me feel more comfortable in my own skin. He was a complete Godsend, and I was more than just happy to have him in my life. Walking to work, I had never felt happier. The thought of spending the day with him filled my mind with feelings that I had thought I had long since forgotten.

Walking through those revolving doors, I felt butterflies fill my stomach. I suspected that he wouldn't be awake yet, seeing as I had arrived to work quite early. I wandered over to the front desk, Penelope looked her usual miserable self. She sighed, handing me a letter. Rolling her eyes, she tapped her manicured hands, looking at the book in front of her. It was the check-in book, and it seemed liked there wasn't a lot of guests. She wouldn't need my help, so I could spend as much time with my Thaddeus. Leaning against the desk, I hooked my finger underneath the seal of the envelope, dragging it along. Inside was a small pink rose, taped to the front of the paper with gold tape. I smiled, turning it over.

"Come to me little mouse"

It said in curly handwriting. I pulled the little rose from the front of the paper, wrapping the tape around its stem. I didn't want to damage it, as it was so beautiful. I held onto it as I confidently walked to the lift, pressing the button. A moment or two passed before the doors opened, I slid inside. Holding onto the bars, I waited patiently until I reached the top floor, trying to ignore the strong metallic smell that was creeping up my nostrils. The lift made a cutesy ding noise as it came to a halt, the doors slowly opening. I was greeted by the same corridor, the door at the end of it was slightly ajar. I could hear music coming from behind it, loud, old. He had clearly inherited his music taste from his father, as music from the 1970's isn't really listened to very much these days.

Pushing open the door, the music got louder, but he was nowhere to be seen. With the rose in one hand, I span around on the spot, trying to find him. I felt a hand go over my eyes, an arm wrapping around my torso. I smiled, his scent filling my head. "Good morning Thaddeus." I said happily, he moved his hand away from my eyes, resting his chin on my shoulder. He squeezed me tightly against his bare torso, rocking me from side to side. "How come you're so loving this morning, that's unlike you." I said, listening to him chuckle close to my ear.

"I just missed you. That's all." He said quietly, kissing my cheek. "Have you eaten yet?" He asked, his jaw moving up and down against me. I shook my head. My mother had tried to blackmail me into eating her breakfast, but I wasn't in the mood to sit and eat with my sister and co at the table. I'd be interrogated- How come you come home so late? Where were you a few nights ago?- all of the standard questions asked by a meddling family.
"Sit down, I'll get you some leftovers." He said with a smile, slipping away to his kitchen. I did as I was told, perching on the sofa, tucking my legs underneath myself. There was something different about him this morning, he was cheery, loving- not his usual quiet, secretive self. He placed a plate into my hands, one singular waffle in the centre, topped with whipped cream, a lonely green grape sat on top.

He was smiling like a proud little child that had just presented their parent with a crude drawing of a house, his jaw moved, teeth clicking together as if he was showing me how to eat. I rolled my eyes, slicing the waffle up into neat strips. Somehow it made eating things-that I didn't necessarily want- a lot easier to put into my mouth. Rationing out the whipped cream to each little strip, I looked up, Thaddeus was looking at me in disbelief. His head was cocked to the side, his muscly and propping it up as his brow furrowed. "What are you doing?" He asked with a punishing tone ringing in his voice. I shrugged, putting a piece into my mouth. It was amazing, it definitely did taste better than anything that my mother would usually conjure up in a morning. "Well, I suppose that as long as you're consuming something other than air I won't complain." He said with a sweet smile, his cheek squished against his pale palm.

"You seem different today. You're happier than usual." I said with a mouthful of food. He moved his head, chewing the insides of his mouth.

"I get to spend another day with you. Why wouldn't I be happier than usual?" He asked. I placed the plate on the floor, he opened his arms, inviting me to join him in the armchair he was sat in. I would've ran at him, but instead I chose to saunter over to him. He wrapped his arms around me for the second time, holding me tightly, kissing me on the cheek. I nuzzled into him, letting my hand rest against his chest. His thumb stroked the back of my hand. "Did you paint your nails?" He asked, kissing my cheek again.

"I did," I smiled, "I stole it from my sister's room. She never wears them anyway, she's too busy messing about with that husband of hers. I hate him." I said, Thaddeus chuckled, taking a hold of my hand.

"What's wrong with him?" He asked, messing with my fingers. I signed. What wasn't wrong with him? He was the most boring sack of organs that I had ever had the displeasure of meeting. Thinking about him made me want to cringe.

"Thaddeus, he's so boring I've considered spontaneously choking at the dinner table?" I said, he laughed even more, his body spasming underneath me. "He's really ugly as well, he looks like he's been flattened by a car and re-inflated by a toddler." He held onto my tightly, as he laughed at my hatred of the stupid male that my sister had married.

"I dread to think about what you think about me." He joked, squeezing my sides. Giggling, I slapped his hands, begging him to stop. He let out a deep breath as I turned so that I was facing him.

"I think a lot of you Thaddeus. Even though you tormented me for days, and you terrified me, and you taunted me-" I could've gone on for hours about how terrified he made feel, but he cut me off with a kiss. I cupped his cheek, his hands searching for somewhere to rest.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Cosmic Dancer by T.Rex

A.N
We're getting ever so close to some dirty times between Jacob and Thaddeus, and close to some other things that I'm not giving away yet...

Don't forget to comment and vote, it really helps me out <3