Prologue

"Never had I imagined living without your smile, feeling and knowing you hear me,  it keeps me alive."
   ‎              - Mariah Carey

"We're sorry, Mr. Paraiso.  There's nothing we can do for her.  The cancer cells had spread throughout her body. We can only hope and pray that she won't feel so much pain." the doctor told Trey.

He went to her room. Trey could see Tanya's body had deteriorated a lot. Her breathing was raspy and labored. She motioned him to come nearer.

"Honey, I don't want Agie to see me like this. I want her to remember  me when I was still the old me."

"It's alright, honey!  Don't exhaust yourself. I love you!"  he said, fighting back tears. She didn't have to see that he's in pain, too.

"You know that I love you so much. I had never loved anyone as much as I do you. Always take care of our angel. Tell her I love her with all my heart."

Tanya was fighting the pain because she did not want Trey to see her suffering. She knew that everytime she cringed due to the pain, his face became so agonized and helpless.

It was in the middle of the night when Tanya drew her last breath.

The funeral was solemn. Only a handful of friends attended.  Father and daughter were holding hands looking at the grave of their beloved Tanya. "Daddy, is mommy in heaven now?"

"Yes, Agie! Mommy said she loved you before going to heaven. She will be watching over us from there."

"I'll miss her awfully."

"I will miss her, too, angel!"

"Daddy?"

"Yes baby?

"Are you going to look for a new mommy?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I want us to be happy. Having  a mommy is fun."

"Not just yet. Don't worry, angel. I'll be your mommy and daddy rolled into one."