Chapter 1

"Working girl, livin' in a man's
world. Working girl, you gotta take a stand girl."
                 -Cher

"Mom, where's my food?  I'm running late. I still have to catch the shuttle."  Chelsea called out.

"It's already packed. It's the one in the green bag." her mother came in from the garden.

"Thank you, mom. You're a darling!" Then she kissed her mom goodbye.

"Take care, Chelsea, I'm going home this afternoon. It's your sister's check up tomorrow." her mother reminded her.

"I'm fine. I can take care of myself. Don't worry. Regards to Corrine."

Chelsea almost missed the shuttle.  When she reached her floor, the office was agog about something. "Why was everybody frantic and preoccupied? It's not even ManCom yet." She asked herself.

Once she was seated and arranged her table and things, Lorrie approached her. "Have you heard?  The new Executive Vice President will be reporting next week."

    "Yes, it was tackled in the ManCom last week, a Mr. Terrence Paraiso, from UCC Singapore. And so what?"

"They said he is handsome, charismatic and a widower. "

"So that was the reason. Hahaha! Why go after a widower when there are a lot of eligible bachelors out there."

"Oh not only that, they are looking for an Executive Secretary for him. All the secretaries here are going to apply. How about you?"

"I'm contented with my job as Admin Assistant. I enjoy working with Mr. Patterson and Claire. And I'm barely one year here."

"Suits you.  I'm preparing mine. They also said the package is good. That you will be accountable to him only."

Chelsea just smiled at Lorrie.  She's not ready to leave her position yet. She reported directly to the Executive Director for Operations.

All day, all week, the talk was about the Executive Vice President.  Chelsea could only shrug at all the fuss.

Though, she was becoming curiouser and curiouser to see this fellow who was the talk of the town.