Chapter 7

"She may be the face I can't forget the trace of pleasure or regret, may be my treasure or the price I have ‎to  ‎pay."
      - Charles Aznavour

It had been two years since Tanya died of colon cancer. He thought everything would end there. He felt that a part of him went with his wife. Trey devoted his time to Agatha and his work.

When he was offered the EVP post, he had second thoughts. He did not want to leave Singapore since Tanya was buried there.

Leaving her there seemed like a sin. But life must go on if only for Agatha's sake.

What he did not foresee was meeting Chelsea. The first time he saw her was when she passed a note to Rob while all the executives and directors were in the lounge to welcome him. She was a picture of  efficiency and constancy.
Then he saw her talking engagingly with Agatha, he never thought that a young person like Chelsea could have so much patience to an incorrigible kid.

When Agatha got sick, he got to know more about Chelsea. She was not only beautiful outside but also very compassionate, affectionate and a caring woman.

He thought to himself, "I think I am falling for my executive secretary. Every time I see her the more I wanted to kiss her and take her in my arms." What a foolish idea. "I don't want to ruin her confidence on me as her boss."

Today, she was wearing a blousy red dress with a silver belt to enhance her small waist. Her hair was in a bun, again with soft tendrils on the sides. She wore less make up. She was every inch an executive secretary. "Good morning. Sir" she greeted him with a dimpled smile. He saw the small dent again. It's melting his heart.

"Yes lovely morning, indeed. What time is my first meeting?" she followed him inside  his room.

"First meeting is at 9, Conference Room at the 5th. Do you still need me there? Connie is there already and they are the facilitators for this meeting."

"No, I don't need a distraction. The meeting is crucial for the launching of our new project in HongKong." Then he smiled at her.

She looked at him bewildered by his answer. "Please don't look at me like that. I don't want to do something we'll both regret" He said to her.

"I don't understand. Do I have to be worried here?"

"Stop it! You may go back to your post." he said laughing and amused at her.

After the meeting, Trey summoned Chelsea to his room, " Do you have a passport? Is it still active?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"We will go to HongKong in two weeks' time for the groundbreaking. Tomorrow, i will give mine and Agatha's to you. So, you can give our passports to HR to arrange for our flight and accommodation."

"Do you need me there?"

"Isn't that part of your job description?"

"Alright,  your wish is my command, boss!" she did not wait for his response, she left the room. If she had glanced, she could have seen his amused look. Through the passing of days, their boss-employee relationship became less strained and more relaxed. It's bordering on a friendly level.