Chapter 4

"The way you do the beautiful
‎ things you do, you really know
‎ how to make me love you."
‎       - Barry White

Two days stretched to weeks. Still, no secretary for Trey. Not for the lack of applicants, according to HR the EVP's still reviewing the rosters of applicants and shortlisting them.

Chelsea was already getting bored being a secretary but if truth be told, she enjoyed working for Trey. He was considerate and easy to please. He was appreciable even to the smallest thing you could do for him.

There were times when he would join in some jokes. He would even eat with either his group of employees or with Chelsea.

On one of those weeks, Chelsea received a call. "Hi Chelsea, is my father there?" It was Agatha.

"He is in a meeting and it may take hours to finish. Do you want to leave a message or maybe I can help you?"

"I'm not feeling well. Nanny doesn't know what to do. I'm so hot. That's why I called." she said in a hoarse voice

"Oh poor angel. Let me talk to your nanny."

"Hello, this is Alice."

"Hi Alice, this is Chelsea. Do you know who is Agatha's pediatrician?" The voice on the other line answered on a negative.

"That's unfortunate. I'll try to reach Mr. Paraiso. For the meantime, please get a towel and put some tap water on a basin. Then soak the towel on the water and dab it gently on Agatha's face and body except her back. I'll call you immediately once I've reached her father."

Chelsea went to the Conference Room and slipped a note to Trey. He went out. "I couldn't leave the meeting just yet."

"May I have your address? I 'll be the one to take her to the doctor. Does she have a pediatrician?"

"No, this is her first time to get sick since our arrival."

"I'll take care of it. How about her insurance card?"

"Here." he took the card from his wallet. "I'm sorry to impose on you but thank you. You are an angel, a lovely angel." Then he grasped her hands before going back to the Meeting room. A sensation so sweet ran through her heart. She almost lost her footing.

Chelsea called Lorrie before leaving her station. "I'm running an errand for Mr. Paraiso. I don't know how long it would take. Can you cover for me? Someone has to be here for the phone."

Since the condominium was only 20 minutes away from the office, she arrived on time when Agatha started to vomit. "It's alright, angel. I'm here now. Let's dress you up and we'll be off to the hospital."

She took her to the emergency room. The pediatrician examined Agatha and ran some tests. After several hours, the doctor came back. "Mrs. Paraiso. We have to confine your daughter for further observations. Her platelet is somewhat low. We don't want her to have some kind of viral infection."

"I'm not her mother. I'm her father's secretary. But, go ahead. Do you want me to go to Admitting now to fill out the necessary papers?"

Then to Agatha, she said sweetly, "I'll be out for a few minutes, angel, but I'll be back."

"Okay, as long as you don't leave me."

"Of course not, angel."

Chelsea filled out the necessary papers. She called Lorrie and left a message for Trey.