Chapter 18

"Each day I pray this love affair would ‎last forever. There's beauty up above and things you never take notice of.  You wake up and suddenly you're in love."
    ‎         - The Gibbs Brothers

Speculations ran high after the proposal. According to those who were envious of Chelsea, Trey made the announcement to stop the rumors that they were already living together and moreso the couple could now display their true feelings.

For the couple, rumors were rumors, you couldn't please everybody. What's important was their love. Marriage would come in December the following year but only their closest friends know it.

When Lorrie got married, it was not the bride and groom they were talking about. Still people talked about Trey and Chelsea . How they looked more the bride and groom than the real ones in terms of sweetness.  Trey could not take his eyes off his ES cum fiancee. That he only danced with her and once with the bride out of courtesy.

Lorrie was on leave for one month but Trey did not hire a reliever. This raised another speculation. Chelsea did not want a rival. She's the jealous type.

One weekend, they went to Chelsea's family. She showed  them her engagement ring.  Trey and Chelsea asked for Lilia's blessings because of their impending marriage.

Preparations are made. The wedding would be in one of the churches in Manila. The relatives who would be attending are more from Chelsea's side. Only a handful of Trey's would be there because most of them were overseas. But they would still send them invitations.  They talked to wedding planners and prospective hotels.

When everything was set, they looked for a house near their office and Agatha's school. They could no longer stay in the condominium. Agatha needed to  have her own room and room provision for more children to come and their own master's bedroom. They needed a spacious lawn,  a swimming pool and a carport.

Two months before the wedding, Chelsea filed an indefinite leave of absence. Lorrie relieved her and a temporary replacement was hired in Lorrie's place.

Trey filed his leave of absence a month prior their wedding. They would spend their honeymoon in Europe with Agatha and Alice.

Their wedding was a solemn one. Chelsea walked the aisle in joyful tears into the arms of Trey waiting in front of the altar.
Their vows to each other were short but meaningful professing their love, loyalty, trust and devotion.

On their wedding night, they entrusted Agatha to Lilia. They promised Agie that they would return three days later for their flght to Europe.

In their hotel room, the bride and groom fell asleep as soon as they laid on bed. It was after midnight when Chelsea woke up. She looked at her fingers. Two rings glimmered before her eyes. "I'm now married," she said aloud.

"Yes, Mrs. Paraiso! You are now my wife. I waited for so long to have you all by myself!"

Chelsea blushed. She's not sure whether she could be a good wife. Seeing her blush amused Trey. He pulled her closer to him.
"I have been imagining how it would be delightful to undress you and see the whole you." he whispered.

"Aren't you hungry, boss. I can order room service?"

"Mine is a different hunger. Don't procrastinate, Mrs. Paraiso!"