Chapter 24

"And where she goes I've got to ‎be. The meaning of my life is She"
    ‎        - Chad Alan Gracey

The following morning was a Saturday.  When Trey woke up, his clothes were already prepared. He had a meeting at 9.
He heard his wife and daughter swimming. He went by the pool.

"Good morning!" he said tentatively. He saw how Chelsea froze when she heard his voice.

"Good morning, daddy. Join us. Mommy and I are having fun," Agatha invited her father.

"Some other time, angel. Daddy has a meeting. We don't want him to miss another meeting." Chelsea cut in, still without looking at Trey.

He understood that Chelsea did not want his company. "Yes, some other time, angel. I have to take a bath and dress now" He leaned down and kissed Agatha then was about to leave when,

"Daddy, you forgot to kiss mommy."

He came back  and leant to kiss Chelsea on the cheek when Agatha turned Chelsea's cheek towards Trey. The kiss landed on her open lips. When the kiss lingered, she pushed him away. "You will be late."

When he arrived, Chelsea and Agatha were watching cartoons in the living room. "You're late, daddy. We already ate dinner." She kissed her daddy.

"Have you eaten?"  Chelsea asked. He kissed her on her hair.

"Yes, I had dinner with Mark." Then he sat beside Agatha. "What are you watching, angel?"

"Sleeping Beauty." 

"Nice movie,  I hope I could also wake up my Aurora again. I love her, you know."

The meaning was lost to Agatha but not to Chelsea.  She remained quiet. She didn't know how it happened,  Agatha was now sitting on Trey's lap. She was beside Trey and his other arm was resting on her shoulder.

Chelsea could not get free because she did not want to alarm Agatha. Trey was taking advantage of the situation. But not for very long because Agatha fell asleep.

"Please tuck her to bed and I'm off to bed." she said to Trey.

"You told me last night, we will talk today."

"Alright, I'll wait here."

When Trey came back, he sat beside her and held her hand and put his arms on her shoulder. "I missed you."

"I'll be honest. I maybe harsh on you. You may not deserve it but, Trey, I can't find my way back to you anymore.  I'm already lost in all the maze of hurt, anguish and hatred for you. Maybe in time, I can learn to forgive but right now, I really don't know how. I don't like our lives to become miserable."

"Hush, I understand and I respect your honesty. How about we start over? Let's start with friendship. I won't impose anything. Let's just let it go so we can move on gradually."

"Alright!" Then she put her head on his shoulder.  They just sat there.