Chapter 16

"I never ‎thought that I woul meet someone ‎so beautiful.  I never  thought I'd see a love like this."
    -Gerry Goffin/Michael Masser

One weekend, the trio decided to travel to Chelsea's province to meet her family.  Introductions were made.  Her family was delighted to meet the lively and friendly Agatha.

"Hi grandma, it's so fun to have another grandma. Because all my grandparents are dead." Then she hugged her and kissed both of her cheeks.

Father and daughter were shown their room. "Mommy, aren't you going to stay with us?"

Amidst the surprise of all the members of the household, Trey answered, "Not this time, baby, mommy has to stay with grandma so they can talk."

"But Mommy, you're going to read me my stories and tuck me to bed, right?"

"Of course, angel. I din't forget," Chelsea assured Agie. Then she faced Trey. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

"You sure want to do this alone? I can go with you."

"No, let me do this on my own."

Chelsea's mother and sister were waiting for her in her bedroom. "Do you really want this? Do you love him?"

"Yes to both questions. I love them both very much."

"Are you going to get married? Or you are already living with them?"

"We haven't talked about marriage yet and I don't know if I'm ready to do that yet. Yes, I am staying with them but we haven't slept together yet. We are doing it one step at a time. No hurry."

"We love you Cheesy. Whatever you intend to do, we will always be here to support you." her mother said and embraced her.

The following morning, Chelsea took Agatha to the seashore to collect shells. Trey was left with Chelsea's mother.

Trey was the first to open rhe conversation. "My intentions to your daughter are honest and decent. In two weeks, our company will hold an annual ball. I  intend to surprise Chelsea. I'll propose marriage to her. I hope you can come."

Trey continued facing her mother, "Mommy Lilia, I love your daughter so much."

"Thank you for the invitation. Her sister is sickly that is why I'm always staying here. I'll try but no guarantees."

"I understand. Thank you for accepting me and my daughter to be part of your family."

I hope you will make her happy and not give her heartaches.  You are the only man she ever loves."

"I promise. We will come back here once she accepted my marriage proposal so we can make plans for the wedding."

"Thank you, Trey!" He kissed her forehead.

When Chelsea and Agatha arrived it was almost time for lunch.  Agie showed her shells. After lunch, Agatha went for a nap. Chelsea and Trey were left alone because her mother and sister had to go to the hospital for her sister's check up.

"I thought I couldn't have you by myself. I'm becoming jealous of Agie." he said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"How so, boss? You now have my undivided attention. I missed you, Trey!"

She was the one who initiated the kiss. "You know how I missed this," she kissed his forehead. "and this" then his left cheek "Then, " she was not able to finish what she was about to say and do when Trey kissed her hungrily.

"You're such a tease, Mrs. Paraiso! Want to continue this inside your bedroom. I haven't gone there yet."

"Well, I can invite you there so you can see it but nothing more."

"That's to be decided when we are there"