Chapter 10

"I never thought that You would be the one to hold my heart. But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from
the start."
- Christina Perri

They travelled to Lantau Island, where they boarded the Ngong Ping Cable Car, which connected Tung Chung and Ngong Ping. As they travelled up to the Tian Tan Buddha, they enjoyed the panoramic views of the Giant Buddha, North Lantau Country Park, the Hong Kong International Airport and views of the South China Sea.

When they reached the Tian Tan Buddha, they ascended the 268 steps to reach its base and explored the 3-floor museum beneath the statue. The museum included a relic of Sakyamuni, The Hall of Remembrance, The Hall of Benevolent Merit, and The Hall of Universe.

They continued to the Po Lin Monastery, the most popular Buddhist temple in Hong Kong. After exploring the monastery and the world's largest outdoor Buddha, they sat down for a Chinese Vegetarian lunch which consisted of regular vegetarian noodles and stir-fries, mock spare ribs made of lotus, vegetarian duck made with layers of tofu skin, mock sea bass made with mashed tofu, potato and mushrooms. And for dessert they had mashed pea which tasted like textured matcha green tea mousse.

Then they took a boat trip to the Tai O fishing village, whose houses on stilts provided a glimpse of what life was like in Hong Kong's past.

It took them all of seven hours for the travel rendering them exhausted and sleepy as soon as they arrived at their hotel.

Both father and daughter slept like babes, leaving Chelsea alone in her thoughts. She could indulge herself in the glory of their company but what will happen once they are back in the office. Trey is her boss. It's so hard to imagine that he could be attracted to her.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Trey whispered behind her.

When she faced him, he caught her in his arms. "Now is our time to talk. No Agie to disturb us."

"What is there to talk about?" she asked innocently.