°Chapter 2°

It took a lot longer for me to get to school, as I had stopped for Starbucks.

Once I'd reached my school, I threw my empty cup in the bin and walked to the building.

I went to the office and strolled up to the front desk.

A lady in her late twenties was sat behind the desk, doing stuff on the computer in front of her.

She raised her head to look at me and she gave a warm smile.

"Hey." She greeted.

"Hi." I grinned at her and she typed something into her computer.

"What's your name?" She asked, still looking at the screen.

"Emily Carter." I responded.

Nodding she clicked something and looked at me.

"Just sign yourself in and you can go through." She told me, before getting up and walking into the room behind her.

I signed myself in and headed through the halls, searching for my locker.

When I found it, I put in my password and it clicked open.

I stuffed the books I needed into my bag and took the ones I didn't need, shoving the messily into the small space.

Unexpectedly, my locker was slammed shut and I yanked my fingers away from the metal door, glaring at the person who did it.

"Oh, that's a shame, I was aiming to break your fingers."

I looked at the boy, I had learned to hate, with anger and pushed past him, marching down the hall.

His hand wrapped around my wrist and he dragged me back, slamming me into a nearby locker.

"What do you want, Brown?" I spat, as his lips pulled up into a smirk, one that I was used to by now.

Meet Jake Brown, the most idiotic animal on planet Earth, who even made Daniel seem nice.

Wait, who am I kidding?

They're both as bad as eachother.

Anyway, I've known him since I was six and we were best friends (believe it or not), but then an accident happened which made him hate me, for life.

Though that's a story for another time.

"You should know what I want by now, Carter." He tutted, pushing me further into the metal. "I want revenge."

His eyes darkened and his smirk fell from his face.

"I know you're angry, but this isn't helping anything." I shook my head. "You're looking for someone to blame, someone to act upon, but you're not affecting me. Not. At. All."

"I know what I'm doing, Carter, I know this is the right thing to do." He snarled.

"Is it?" I scoffed. "Or is it just making you feel better, to watch the girl, who ruined your life, suffer in pain?"

He looked lost for words, his mouth opening and closing like a fish, and I couldn't help but let out a bitter chuckle.

"The realisation is finally hitting you." I smirked. "See, you can't always decide what-"

My sentence was cut off by Jake punching me in the nose.

A sickening crack echoed through the hallway and I cringed.

Looking down, I saw a drop of my dark blood fall to the ground.

I looked back up, narrowing my eyes.

"You're such a piece of shit, Jake." I seethed, pushing my hands against his chest.

He didn't move, but still stood there, trapping me with his arms.

We just stayed where we were, glaring at eachother.

That was until we heard footsteps.

Jake backed up, almost tripping over his own feet.

The person was getting nearer to where we was and Jake turned on his heel, running the opposite direction to the person.

Once he was out of view, I looked down the other side of the corridor and saw Zoe's older brother -Callum- come round the corner.

Our eyes met and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Emily?" He called and sprinted towards me. "Emily, where were you, Zoe and I were..."

He trailed off, coming to a stop a few meters away from me.

His jaw clenched and he looked like he was going to say something, but I beat him to it.

"Please, Callum, I'm really not in the mood." I sighed and he nodded, walking closer to me.

"Let's get you to the nurse." He said, slowly.

I nodded and we made our way to the other side of the school.

..........

The door burst open and my best friend ran in, throwing herself at me.

"I thought you were being murdered when Cal told me you were in the nurses office." She laughed.

"It's only my nose." I poked the bandage, letting out a hiss.

Her eyes widened and then narrowed as she pulled away.

"Whoever this dumbass is, he has another thing coming if he thinks he can do this to you." She crossed her arms over her chest.

The door opened and I looked over Zoe's shoulder, but looked back at her when I saw who it was.

"Speak of the dumbass and he shall appear." I stated in a bored tone and she spun around.

Her eyes narrowed further as she threw daggers at the person in front of her.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She screamed, storming up closer to him. "Jake Brown, I swear if you ever do something like that to my best friend again, I'll fucking kill you."

"Yeah, yeah." He waved her off, unfazed.

"I'd watch what you're saying." I told him, jumping off the bed. "Zoe keeps her word."

He rolled his eyes and pushed my friend aside, shoving his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"Anyway, why are you even in here?" Zoe snapped and I could tell she want to punch the crap out of the guy.

Not that I didn't want her to, I wanted to myself, but that's an unwanted trip to the principle's office.

"Principle told me to come here to apologize, even though you deserved that punch." His lips curled up into a smirk.

"That's it!" Zoe screamed and lunged on to Jake's back, hitting him each side of his face, repeatedly, whilst I stood there and watched with a smirk.

"Okay, Zo, that's enough." Callum walked in, immediately, prying his sister off Jake.

"So, I believe you owe me an apology." I stood in front of him, only leaving millimetres of space between us.

"I really don't owe you anything." He murmured and I kicked him in the leg.

"Watch it." He growled and I rolled my eyes.

"Just apologize." Callum spat, struggling to tame Zoe.

"Fine, sorry." He muttered.

"Good to know, now get out." I pointed to the door.

"Don't tell me what to do!" He exclaimed.

"Just go!" Callum yelled and Jake huffed, before strolling out of the door, slamming it behind him.

Sorry, I just added the song because I love it!!!!! ❤❤❤