°Chapter 28°

Emily's P.O.V

I scoffed as Damien put another plate with two slices of buttered bread down in front of me. I bet if they turned the place into a restaurant, Gordon Ramsay would surely be unimpressed.

"Emily, I know you've been ignoring me for the past few days but can you please let me explain myself, I-" I interrupted him with a snort and picked up the two slices of bread in my hands. I slapped one face down on one side of his face and slapped the other on the other side of his face, watching in satisfaction as the slices slid down his face, the greasy butter rolling off his face like tear drops. He stared at me blankly for a moment before speaking. "Okay, I deserved that, but just because you've been slapping your food on my face for the past four days doesn't mean I'm not going to try and get through to you." He huffed and if we weren't frenemies then I would've laughed at him but because he helped bring me torture, I was going to help bring him hell. "You have to eat though, too. You've been getting skinnier and skinnier by the day."

I adverted my eyes, looking at the floor. Did I really need to eat though? I mean, it wasn't like I was going to get out soon, so why not just rot to death in the place?

The man - who's name I had learned to be Wyatt - had insulted me everyday, making sure he brought down the little happiness and hope I had left. I tried my best to ignore him but it didn't help with the fact that he hadn't heard from my brothers since he sent them the picture of me and they showed no worry or panic to find me.

I knew I had to eat to keep myself healthy - at least to show that I wasn't as weak as Wyatt thought - and although I hated Damien's guts at the moment, it was nice for him to show a little bit of concern, even though he was a little bitch for drugging me and helping a gang leader kidnap me.

Since I had been taken a couple of days prier, Wyatt had made sure I was beaten up everyday, sending in the same men - day after day. It was getting old and I hadn't shown much emotion because I had gotten used to it.

"Damien, leave." Wyatt snapped, causing Damien to roll his eyes which didn't surprise me too much, seeing as though his boss was like a human version of a fly. "I have a couple of people I would like our little princess to meet." He grinned, showing his pearly whites, knowing fully well that I hated the nickname he had given me.

"Of course, boss." Damien looked down at me but I immediately looked away, humming to myself as if I didn't even notice him. He sighed but walked out of the cell, hesitantly nodding his head at something before walking up the stairs.

Before Wyatt could even breathe a word, I smirked at him. "Ooh, I wonder who it is this time? Could it possibly be the same oompa loompas you sent in yesterday and the days before that?" I asked, rhetorically, and chuckled bitterly - cutting him off before he even had a chance to open his mouth. "It wouldn't be very surprising, to be honest. I do love their little conversations about you when they think I'm knocked out cold." I stared into his eyes, cocking my head to the side. "Have you ever been knocked out cold?" I asked, not generally looking for an answer but - of course - he gave me one, being the arrogant, cocky, egotistical man he was.

"I'm afraid, I've never given anyone the chance to do that, princess." He smirked and I felt my veins boil with unleashed fury, yet before I could give him a piece of my mind, he called in the "couple people" that he wanted me to meet. "Daniel, Layla - you may enter."

"You?" I stared in disgust at my stepfather, who seemed quite pleased with himself. That taunting smirk pulled up on his lips, telling me that I gave him the reaction he wanted. "Never thought you'd stoop as low as to join a gang, Daniel. Did you get on your hands and knees for this job, pleading because you had no proper job because you're a drug dealing freak?" I asked and the smirk wiped off his face in seconds. I smiled in satisfaction but my attention was brought from Daniel to another girl - who laughed in amusement, evilness lurking in her dull, brown eyes.