°Chapter 35°

"Ready to go?" Luke asked me, having filled out the forms to get me out of the hospital. My dad had an emergency with his business so he wasn't able to come with but fortunately for him Blake came with him, although he was still on crutches.

"Uhu." I nodded, avoiding eye contact with Blake who kept staring at me. I got up from the seats in the waiting room area and started heading for the exit to the hospital. Ever since the incident with my mom, I despised the place and I hardly slept.

"Where's Sandy and Parker? I haven't seen them in a while." I asked Luke, sending him a small side glance as he took my small bag away from me, swinging it over his shoulder.

"Sandy's mom fell ill so her and Parker have gone to spend some time with her over in Canada." He replied and I nodded, my mouth forming a small 'o' shape. I felt sorry for Parker, I knew what it was like to see a grandparent ill or dying. I was really close to my grandmother before she disappeared.

I looked straight ahead of us and at the car, which we were nearing. I could make out a shadow in the back and as soon as I realised what and who it was, I stopped in my tracks, coming to a stop in the middle of the parking lot.

Luke's hand touched the center of my back and he moved me along. Even when I tried to step to the side, he grabbed my arm and continued to drag me over to the car.

In just a few seconds, we got to the car and Luke opened the door to the back. I hesitantly climbed in, not taking my eyes off Cole who was staring back at me. I strapped my seat belt as Luke closed the door.

He got into the driver's seat and after much struggle, Blake hopped (literally) into the passenger seat. The car was silent and you couldn't miss the thick tension lingering in the air.

"You guys will figure out your problems because I am not having you guys fighting, just in case dad has to leave for a couple weeks and leave me in charge." Luke told us as he pulled out of the parking space and zoomed towards the exit leading onto the main road.

When no one said anything, a stern look took over his face. "I'm not driving home until you're talking again." He shrugged his shoulders, driving down a couple of roads which didn't seem to lead anywhere close to home, so he was obviously sticking to his word.

"Fine. I'll start." Blake mumbled, shifting in his seat slightly so he could slightly look at me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take my anger out on you. I was just upset you didn't remember us." He grumbled and sent a look at Luke. "There." He muttered.

"Emily , how about you go next?" Luke asked, sending me a look through the mirror above his head. Him and I had a stare off for a few moments but he looked back at the road again, making me sigh.

"I'm sorry for storming out of your room." I apologised to Blake and then looked at Cole. "I'm sorry I humiliated you in front of the receptionist and I'm sorry for hitting you." I then turned my head and stared blankly at the back of the driver's seat. "And I'm sorry mom targeted you to get back at me." I whispered.

"I'm sorry for mocking you and making fun of your past." Cole mumbled and an awkward silence gloomed over the car. I decided it would be a great time to bring up the laptop.

"Hey, um, I know what you said about the custody battle and the lack of evidence so I was thinking about handing in the footage on the laptop." I bit the inside of my cheek, feeling the embarrassment wash through my body.

"Dad doesn't know about it and now that he will most likely have to go away for work that'll probably lower his chances of winning custody over you guys." Luke snapped and my nose scrunched up in confusion. Did I hear that right?