°Chapter 33°

"Just let me go, Wyatt." I begged, exhaustion hanging onto my words. "You know they won't find me, they won't come and get me." I sighed and slumped my back against the wall, watching Wyatt pace back and forth, looking frustrated.

"Just because they're not going to come for you doesn't mean I'll let you go. You are something I've put time into planning for and I'm not going to let that go to waste." He scowled at me, his hollow glare narrowing straight at me. He rubbed his chin and tapped his foot, trying to come up with an idea. I don't know why he was trying, he practically had no brain cells left.

"Boss, we found this outside the gates. Trying to sneak in." I suspected it was some burglerar who was having a bad day and got caught but my jaw practically hit the ground when I saw who it actually was.

"Oh Liam, how nice of you to visit us." Wyatt grinned, watching Liam as he thrashed around in the guards' grip, obviously struggling to break free. "I was just saying to your dear twin sister that you and your brothers would come looking for her but she didn't believe me." He tutted and that's when Liam's eyes landed on me.

My body was cowered in the corner and I shivered, from only having a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt on. I was looking at Liam with pitiful and hopeful eyes, hoping that his plan was to bait himself out whilst the others snuck in behind him.

"They're not looking for her." He said, looking ashamed. I felt my heart drop in my chest and the hope cleared from my conscience. "I was the only one who came looking for her." He gave me a small smile but I only had the strength to return a weak one.

"So she's useless?" Wyatt asked as the guards threw Liam to the ground on the in the same but opposite side of the cell to me. I looked away and zoned out Wyatt's vouce, feeling embarrassed that I wasn't being looked for.

However, it seemed I had zoned out too much to notice that I had a gun pointed in my direction and the safety guard had been clicked off. Wyatt had his finger hovering over the trigger and he didn't hesitate to pull it.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion from that point on. The sounds of Liam yelling were blurred and my eyes concentrated on the bullet, which was travelling my way.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to strike my chest. I wasn't nervous or anything, I would finally be free from all the bad in the world. I wouldn't feel like a burden, I wouldn't have to feel the pain of the constant abuse I got.

However, the pain never even came. I had no stinging sensation coming from my chest, there was no ringing in my ears, I felt no liquid blood, my heart was still beating and I was still conscious. There was a heavier weight on my lap though so being curious, I opened my eyes.

Although as soon as I opened them, I wished I hadn't...

The sound in my ears came back and I realised I was the one screaming and crying. My eyesight was blurred but I could still make out the horrific scene in front of me. My bottom lip trembled and my bloody hands shook as I cupped his face.

My twin looked so lifeless just laying there. He wasn't moving, his lips were parted and his skin was pale. His eyes looked into mine, void of any emotion. I thought he was dead, he was near to it and I knew there was nothing I could do to take the bullet out of his heart.

"Em?" He croaked, blood trailing slowly from his lips. I propped his head to a more comfortable position, even though I knew it would do nothing to save him. "Hey, Em." He smiled. "Don't wait for me, okay? I get that we're twins and all but - let's be real - I'm not gonna make it. Not now and not when you wake up." He told me, clasping my hand in his.