Chapter 15| The Roach Returns

A/N: Luca's dad above. He's rocking the black aesthetic too, right?

Luca's POV-

It was the Saturday after the game when my father called me to meet him in his office.

That sounded really ominous, but really he just wanted to talk about Sven's ambush. Remember that whole fiasco? Yeah, so do I.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed open the grand oak doors into his office that was conveniently hidden away in our home.

My dad was tapping away on the brand new computer stationed on his desk. There were two upholstered leather chairs in front of the desk, which had a glass countertop and an iron frame. Bullet proof windows stretched across the back wall allowing light to shine directly into my eyes, making me squint. There was one potted fern next to the desk that was nearly wilting. My dad never did have a green thumb, no matter how hard he tried. It was more for decoration than anything else.

As for my father himself, his salt and pepper hair was gleaming in the sunlight and his green eyes that matched my own looked away from his work on the computer to glance over me. He folded his hands over the glass in that disappointed father pose. You know the one.

"Luca," my father said, "We need to talk."

Whelp, shit.

I threw myself carelessly into one of the chairs, still in the sight of my dad. "Really pops, I never would have guessed."

My dad cracked a small smile at me. "It's about Sven."

"Oh that idiot," I said tossing a hand over my eyes, the light in this room was making them water. "He almost got away with the shipment last night if it wasn't for some random girl accidentally stumbling in on the meeting halfway through it."

My dad doesn't need to know that the random girl was Indigo. That would just make my father mad that an innocent got involved again. Especially an innocent that I already know.

"I am aware," He admitted, "Sven has been quite restless after one of his business associates was ratted out a few weeks ago."

This caught my interest. If my dad is correct, and he normally is, it would explain why Sven's been after more money and power since he lost so much of it when his associate was busted.

I leaned forward in my seat, my elbows resting on my thighs. "Really, do you know who the mole was?"

My dad shrugged his shoulders, glancing toward the computer screen that was still wide open. "My spies in the Skulls have said it was the man's daughter, and he's now on trial for his illegal activities. But, with Sven's assistance, I'm sure he'll get out and be on the prowl for revenge."

"If he's in the works with Sven, I feel bad for his daughter." I huffed, looking away from the man at the desk. The glass was adding to the already bright glare of the sun and my eyes really were watering now.

"Me too son, me too. But that's not really what I wanted to talk about. Sven has-"

He was interrupted by the screen of his computer lighting up, an incoming call on full display with the song Bitch Better Have My Money by Rihanna as the ringtone.

We both glanced at each other, confused out of our minds. It was clear by the look on his face that he wasn't expecting a call.

With one last look at me, he turned the computer so we could both see it clearly and pressed accept call.

Sven in all of his blonde glory was towering over a figure slumped in a chair in a rather dark and gloomy room. The figure was loaded down with chains and her blonde hair tumbled down across her shaking body. Sven was shouting and waving his hands spastically, not noticing that we were watching.

Sweaters and Angelsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें