Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

It goes alright, but it's not Genisys is it?

There are three amazeballs reasons to see this film, and I gave each one of them a star. It's rare to have such a great range of female characters kicking arse so consistently. Like Linda Hamilton... swooon! Like Mackenzie Davis.... Haven't swooned like that since I first saw Milla's Alice. They are both bombshells. And I don't really feel she got her turn yet, but Natalia Reyes did what she could. The power-chick casting is great. Arnie is great... although when he delivered the line about "I'm hilarious" I just wished I was watching him in Genisys.

The plot is not really that interesting - a terminator shows up and starts hunting the girl, everyone runs and alternately tries to destroy it. Rinse and repeat this sequence about five times. The action is pretty big, but I couldn't help but sit there and call the films where I'd seen those exact sequences before... and mostly it was Transformers and Fast & The Furious. I mean they're solid, they're specky enough, but I've seen them before. I know it's a big ask to deliver new epic action sequences, but F&F and Transformers have been doing that every two years since forever now.

The bad guy is kinda meh. The whole storyline about "Oh, it's not called Skynet now, it's called Legion" just shit me to tears. I'm all "this is the lamest and most pointless rebrand of all time."

You need to watch it cause the three chicks kick so much arse. But it's not new, it's not old, it's just right in the meh. It's nowhere near as fun as seeing Terminator 2 re-released in 3D.

J* gives it 3 stars.