Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (2015)

This is absolutely a gross out teen comedy and it has absolutely nailed the genre.

Three too-old-to-be-teen-scouts want to go to the big senior party and meet hot girls. But zombies attack and thus they must survive and maybe save the said girls. Along the way they're joined by cocktail-waitress/stripper who knows how to get stuff done and provides sage older girl wisdom and kissing lessons.

There is a lot of zombie body-humour in this, a lot of the more surprising bits involving off limits body parts. This will no doubt freak some people out and make some people angry - so be aware you're going to see zombie-penis when you press play. There is a hilarious zombie rendition of Britney Spears. There are some hilarious zombie cats, zombie deer.

Look, usually I don't like zombie films, and I don't go that much for teen-gross-out comedy. But this had so many scenes that watched like known-poetry. It was like they took exactly what you wanted to see unfold and let it unfold before your eyes... like singing along to a song. There were several scenes where I could go "and now this, in five four three two one...." And the thing would happen. So a mix of beautiful visual cliche (??) and unexpected incidents. I found it a rollicking ride of laughs, good times and occasionally loud moments of "ewwwww-really?" Tye Sheridan (Ready Player One) does a particularly excellent job, although the whole cast seems really committed to their roles.

It's gross, but I loved it.

J* gives it 4 stars.